Grandeur of the seas -Mediterranean - Dress code.

I'm sure this has been asked already and that there are perfectly good answers here on the forum but I'm not very good on forums new to me & haven't really found my way around just yet.

My question is :

Is there a dress code for dining on Grandeur of the seas all dining areas,cruise in September ,Mediterranean. Also is there a compulsory formal evening,I'm not into formal dress & don't own a dinner suit so would rather avoid this if I can. I just don't look right in a suit .

Thanks everyone ..... any info will be very helpful.

I'm sure this has been asked already and that there are perfectly good answers here on the forum but I'm not very good on forums new to me & haven't really found my way around just yet.

My question is :

Is there a dress code for dining on Grandeur of the seas all dining areas,cruise in September ,Mediterranean. Also is there a compulsory formal evening,I'm not into formal dress & don't own a dinner suit so would rather avoid this if I can. I just don't look right in a suit .

You can look at the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on RCCL's web site and also in your cruise contract. Those are actually the best sources for this information. Bon Voyage!

Just did the Navigator in Med last month. I imagine it would be similar in reality. No shorts in MDR. The Formal nights were less formal than on caribbean cruises I've gone on. I only saw one man in a tux. Most men had on suits and ties but there were still a large number with with shirts and ties, no jacket. For women saw a wide range from sundresses to long. I wore a cocktail dress each evening and was on the dressier side.

You don't have to dress up on formal nights. We had long port days and saw alot of people in casual shorts and such just heading to the windjammer.

Don't stress, just go with wht you want to wear.

And I didn't see any difference in dress between casual and "smart casual" nights.

My question is :

We were on the GOS in July and on a week's cruise there were 2 formal night. Its not compulsory unless you want to dine in the dining room then its expected. Have a great time

We were on the GOS on a med cruise in July and during the week's cruise there were 2 formal nights. Its not compulsory unless you want to dine in the dining room on these nights. Have a great time

We were on her as well in July. Not compulsory in the Dining Room as far as we could see; in fact not many people dressed formally at all and we even saw jeans and shorts(:eek:) in the dining room on formal night.

My question is :

Reg, there is no mandatory dress code only suggested / recommended. However on the formal nights its great to see everyone looking smart and enjoying the fun of dressing up and having formal type photographs taken.

My plan for my up coming Grandeur cruise is to leave my dinner suit at home and be smart casual ie tie, jacket etc.

I am a long time cruiser with RCI and find the short cruises are not so formal as say the Caribbean cruises.

On one cruise, a guest at our table on the formal night turned up in a formal suit, however this included formal shorts. He looked great. It takes all kinds but it does make a difference to everyone if one looks smart on the night.

Have fun and enjoy.

scotland01

Archived