Arrival in New York on Transatlantic

janeba

Hi can anyone give me any advice on what happens when we arrive in New York from Southampton?

Due to time constraints like I have to be back at work I know we arrive in New York on the 5th september in the morning and our flight back to London is booked for that evening. Do we get any time say for lunch or are we shuttled straight to the airport? I would be grateful for any advice. Thank you

Hi can anyone give me any advice on what happens when we arrive in New York from Southampton?

Due to time constraints like I have to be back at work I know we arrive in New York on the 5th september in the morning and our flight back to London is booked for that evening. Do we get any time say for lunch or are we shuttled straight to the airport? I would be grateful for any advice. Thank you

If you self disembark by carrying your own luggage you can be off at around 7am, Cunard will normally provide a coach at an exorbitant price which will take you on a tour of Manhattan and then take you to the airport for around 3pm ish. You will be arriving at Red Hook so if you wanted to you could take a cab/car to Manhattan independently and do the tourist bit but you will have bags with you.

Thank you so much for the reply, when you say exorbitant for the coach tour have you any idea roughly how much it is each?

I think for the straight to airport bus it was $49 each, on the mini tour I believe that it was closer to $80 to $95 each. Someone else who has taken either may be better placed to tell you but I think that I am close. You could get a town car for around $100 inc tip I would think

We have just returned from a lovely cruise, we had all sorts of anxieties about what to do in the very limited time in New York but were pleasantly surprised.

If your plane leaves after 6pm, they put you on a tour coach give you a nice tour of the city, give you an hour for lunch at South Seaport and then drop you off at JFK at about 3.30pm with plenty of time to check in. All this costs nothing.

We have just returned from a lovely cruise, we had all sorts of anxieties about what to do in the very limited time in New York but were pleasantly surprised.

If your plane leaves after 6pm, they put you on a tour coach give you a nice tour of the city, give you an hour for lunch at South Seaport and then drop you off at JFK at about 3.30pm with plenty of time to check in. All this costs nothing.

No charge? That is a suprise indeed.

I have taken this transfer three times when leaving from Newark. The transfer is free and includes as mentioned an excellent city tour with time for lunch, with us it was at GCS and then dropped at airport. Very enjoyable and tour guide very good indeed,

Hello, I was wondering if you were on Queen Mary 2 - we don't want to spend an extra night in NY but would love to have a quick tour around NY before flying back to London. Cunard were not helpful when questioned about any excursions (paid or free) but said maybe they would have some but we would find out on board. Any information on this would be very helpful to us. Thank you.

Hi Rock Cod,

we travelled on the QM2 arriving in New York on the 27th july. Just like you we rang cunard before we left and were told that we would get a simple transfer to JFK for our flight home that evening . However on boarding the QM2 tickets for a New York tour followed by transfer to JFK were delivered to our stateroom. These were free of charge and as i understand it given to anyone travelling back to London with a plane leaving after 6pm . I dont think that Cunard advertise this much as they like to make more money by offering more expensive transfers and hotel rooms .

The tour itself was very nice and at least allowed you to say you had seen most of the New York landmarks .

have a great time

lawrence

Archived