Tortolla - US Virgin Island - Info?

SassyGirl

Please help! I just booked a last minute cruise (leaving Wednesday) and one of the ports is Tortolla. I haven't had time to do any research. This is my first time visiting the island.

What is the best beach?

Are there any "not-to-miss" excursions or places?

Any tips would be much appreciated!!!

SassyGirl

Tortola is in the British Virgin Islands. Road Town is the capital and also site of Pusser's Rum factory. I don't know what excursions the cruise lines offer here, but I would rent a car in Road Town and drive over the mountain to Cane Garden Bay and visit Stanley's to have a "Cheese Burger in Paradise".

We were in Tortola in November. We also took an excursion to Virgin Gorda to the Baths. You take a ferry over to Virgin Gorda and a bus to the Baths. The Baths are extremely beautiful rock and boulder formations that formed on a beach. You can swim, hang out at the beach or go through the caves to another beach. Just be advised that there is a steep climb down to the be beach and an even steeper climb down through the caves. If you do this I strongly advise water shoes as the rocks can be slippery.

Ater we got back we walked around Road Town. There is really nothing much to see around there but there was a flea market with tourist stuff- T shirts, hats, magnets etc.

Other people took a bus tour around the island and they enjoyed it very much.

Carnival Victory Halifax/ St John 7/03

Star Princess Eastern Carribean 11/04

Radiance of the Seas Alaska 9/17/05

• 2 weeks later...

Archived