Spirit Review - 3/13/05 (Part 3)

Delizk

We are now on to Cozumel (this was the Spirit cruise that did not go to Roatan, but went to Cozumel instead).

As we had been to Cozumel before, we didn't book any shore excursions...just planned on doing some shopping then head back to the ship to enjoy the peace and quiet.

For those of you who have been to Cozumel, is it just me or do they always seem to be working on the main road through town? Last time we were there (Christmas 2002) they were working on it, and they were again this time.

Anyway, we had done some research ahead of time as far as where we wanted to go, what we wanted to do. Unfortunately, all of that seemed to vanish from my mind as soon as I stepped off the ship! We ended up walking all the way down to the end of the main shopping strip, pausing in one store or another. I was looking for some nice jewelry, but am horrible about bargaining on prices, so it was not a successful trip for that. I picked up a nice outfit at Los Cinco Soles that was on clearance (and is super comfortable!) and then we started walking back. We stopped at Palmeras Restaurant for a snack and got to enjoy the mariache band for a little while. Then it was back to the ship.

Since it was so hot, we slipped into our swimsuits and headed to the pool. I didn't get a real accurate count, but I think there were about 10 people on the pool deck when we got there, and 3 people in the pool. We went for a quick swim, enjoyed the hot tub, then dried off and sat out on deck enjoying the view and the sun.

For some reason, all the meals that weren't something special, are really just a blur to me. I have no idea what we had for dinner that evening. I do know that we headed down to Henry's, again, for trivia at 7:30, and then planned on catching sports trivia at the Bund at 8. Unfortunately, DJ Lee, who was hosting trivia at Henry's showed up late. We pretty much sucked at his trivia, headed to the Bund just as they were getting ready to reveal the answers. Turns out we would have cleaned up on the sports trivia if we had gotten there in time...oh well! We have now learned not to cut it so close and stick with what we know! Next was up to the Galaxy of the Stars for "Who wants to be a bazzillionaire" (catchy games they have going on here!). And we came to find out that state of the education system in America is horrible! They had several young contestants who could not answer some of the simplest questions I have heard. Granted, they may have been nervous, but being one who works in a school, I was amazed!

And, as we always seem to end our nights, we headed back to Henry's to check out Dave Morgan and his amazing guitar!

I remembered something as I was going through my Freestyle Dailys...we seemed to spend a lot of time in the Galaxy of the Stars. My husband was fascinated with the ship monitors that they have showing location, speed, technical stuff about the ship, etc. And we found it amazing to sit in one of the little "wings" that jut out on either side and seem to sit right out over the water (well, I guess technically they do...only thing under them appears to be the bridge). If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable place to hang out where the view is unbelievable and the staff is ever-attentive, this is the place to go. At times, it was so quiet, you could hear the glass inner-walls rattling from the ships movement. Some of my favorite moments on the ship were when my husband and I would sit here together.

Another item, I have saved the Freestyle Dailies from the cruise, the port and cruise guides for Cozumel and Grand Cayman, the Latitudes "welcome aboard" letter, and the list of spa services. If anyone wants them, let me know and I can e-mail them to you.

Next up...our horrible (?) day in Grand Cayman

Archived