Belize tendering, excursions

csunshine860

All of you who have taken private excursions in Belize can you please tell me how long approximately it took you to get on a tender plus the tendering time. I am trying to decide on a excursion, I understand we will be always on ship time . Is Belize time ahead of us (Dec cruise) I am really confused about this port, what to do, tendering etc. Any help would be appreciated. A million thanks.

All of you who have taken private excursions in Belize can you please tell me how long approximately it took you to get on a tender plus the tendering time. I am trying to decide on a excursion, I understand we will be always on ship time . Is Belize time ahead of us (Dec cruise) I am really confused about this port, what to do, tendering etc. Any help would be appreciated. A million thanks.

Hi,

I was wondering the same thing. We were in Belize a few years ago & I think the tendering is 20 mins to a half hr. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as how how quick it takes to board depends on how many ship excursions there are ahead of the rest of the passengers. The tender ships are quite large & holds more people than a ships lifeboat which we have used in the past as well.

We booked an excursion & I started to be concerned since there is a 2hr time difference there presently ie: 6AM here 4AM there. They are 2hrs behind us. Belize doesn't change for DST but on Nov. 6 of this year when we change our clocks to fall back 1hr. The time difference will only be a 1hr difference. I feel much better now since I don't like cutting anything close & the extra hr gives us some more wiggle room. I know if we booked a ships excursion the ship would wait for us if there was a delay.

I hope this helps somewhat. I'm sure someone can give us a more acurate time frame on how long the tender ride is.

Happy cruising to all.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

We were able to get on one of the first tenders (make sure you get in line early to get your ticket/assignment as to when to get off). We were able to meet our tour guide before 8:30 and then waited for 45 minutes for the last of the group in the tour to come. I think they stayed on ship time. They know when the ship is ariving so don't worry that you will be late (unless you decide to take your time in getting off the ship!)

Archived