Suggestions for on shore activities in Bermuda

extremez

We'll be on the NCL Gem in a few weeks going to Bermuda. We've decided to skip the cruise excursions and find or own since we won't be so pressured for time.

As of now what we're thinking is to purchase either a 2 or 3 day pass for transportation.

A friend has suggested catching the ferry from the dockyard to St Georges and sight see and then continue on with the bus route for at least one day. What would be some good attractions to hit? We're already looking at crystal caves. And the Swizzle Inn looks like it is around the corner for food.

Beyond that we've agreed on a beach on or around Horseshoe Bay along South Rd. Or possibly Warwick Long Bay so we have access to a couple more beaches that do not look reachable from HSB.

Another site mentioned was the fort at the dockyard and the snorkel park as well as the shops around the ship terminal. I figure these could be done any time beyond the afternoon.

Would you be kind enough to offer some other attractions that you have liked on your trip? My wife and I are younger 30's and very active so activity restrictions are not important.

Thanks.

We really enjoyed Gibbs Hill lighthouse. The view is wonderful. If I remember correctly, it's near horseshoe bay beach so if you plan on going to the beach you could do these on the same day.

Archived