Concierge Guarantee

wally8

I know this has been discussed many times yet this is the first time I have purchased a guarantee cabin instead being specific. It is on the Millinium and is a C3 gty category cabin. It appears that all of the C3 and C2 are sold out and the only thing left is a c1 gty. If that is the case, when do they start assigning cabins and what is one likely to get? Bob

I know this has been discussed many times yet this is the first time I have purchased a guarantee cabin instead being specific. It is on the Millinium and is a C3 gty category cabin. It appears that all of the C3 and C2 are sold out and the only thing left is a c1 gty. If that is the case, when do they start assigning cabins and what is one likely to get? Bob

GTY's can be assigned any time from the moment you book all the way until you board the ship; you never know if an assignment will come fast or not. Also, on rare occasions your initial assignment does not stick; you can be moved at any time to a different room until you board the ship. Are you sure it is a C1 GTY? Just because C2's and C3's are currently sold out does not mean some will come available (as people cancel, downgrade and upgrade). Therefore if it is a CC GTY and not a C1 GTY you may end up with a C2 or C3. With GTY's you receive an increased chance at an upgrade and a discounted price and the cruise line is able to allocate staterooms that are hard to sell; as such one should always expect a less desirable room when booking a GTY (i.e. a room far forward or aft and/or over or under a noisy venue).

Everything the above poster said is true...but please note...

Once you are assigned a room...you can call your TA or Celebrity and change to any room within that category, if still empty...for example. We did a suite GTY and got a Sky Suite that was next to a Handicap room so the suite and balcony were almost 3/4 size...we immediately called and were switched no problem..to a better located Sky Suite 1. Caveat...this may all have to happen before Final payment.....not sure ...we were well before final payment when all this occurred.

Everything the above poster said is true...but please note...

Once you are assigned a room...you can call your TA or Celebrity and change to any room within that category, if still empty...for example. We did a suite GTY and got a Sky Suite that was next to a Handicap room so the suite and balcony were almost 3/4 size...we immediately called and were switched no problem..to a better located Sky Suite 1. Caveat...this may all have to happen before Final payment.....not sure ...we were well before final payment when all this occurred.

Often Celebrity will permit this, but this is a special favor when they make such an accommodation and sometimes they will not make such changes. One should not expect to be able to switch rooms when booking a GTY.

Archived