Child Control

tntortiz8809

I always find it so funny when people say, 'Oh, nobody on CC has misbehaving children, they're all perfect angels,' as if those of us who do have well behaved children and are proud to post about it are lying. You don't know my child, but some who have met her have actually posted on CC in my defense when someone has doubted what I've said about her. The reality is that there ARE parents on CC whose children are little hellions - they just don't post about them. Would you?

On the other hand, parents like me, who have taken their roles seriously and made sacrifices and hard choices and put their children first (by not allowing them to run amok and being willing to hear 'I hate you' if it means they learn to behave properly) have every right to be proud of the job they've done. When I read posts where ALL children are painted with a negative brush, I believe I have the right to reply that mine is different.

Interestingly I have never once seen someone come on CC and admit that it was them, or their friend, or their relative that was an obnoxious drunk that disrupted other passengers while they were trying to enjoy their vacations. I've seen threads where people describe out of control adults, whether drunk or just plain ignorant, but apparently 'nobody on CC is, knows, or is related to anyone who misbehaves in any way on cruises.'

See how that works? :p

To address the OP, whether you want to believe everyone here is lying about their well behaved children, or that the lousy parents just don't post, I don't think you're going to get an answer from anyone who actually lets their kids do cannonballs into hot tubs. If my child acted like that, I wouldn't post about it either. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, parents like me, who have taken their roles seriously and made sacrifices and hard choices and put their children first (by not allowing them to run amok and being willing to hear 'I hate you' if it means they learn to behave properly) have every right to be proud of the job they've done. When I read posts where ALL children are painted with a negative brush, I believe I have the right to reply that mine is different.

I agree with your entire post. Every child is different. I have no problems posting that my oldest can get QUITE excitable, crazy and develop a "me first attitude" at times. We definitely have to correct her more often and stringently than our others. Our middle child is EXTREMELY mild mannered, polite and respectful...and our youngest...well she's only 2 so she won't be wondering the ship without us....I KNOW SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!

Even though our children are all different, they are all subject to the same rules and EXPECTED to act in a respectful manner. My problem is with the parents who immediately jump into defense mode when their child's behavior and/or lack of respect is questioned and refuse to take a step back and seriously consider whether what their child has done or the way they have acted is actually appropriate.

And to those of you parents who immediately jump to the "there's a serenity area or adult only area" defense I say this: Suppose the rest of us who decide to either take a vacation with only our spouses or those who decide to not have children at all gang up and order that your children ONLY STAY IN CAMP CARNIVAL! What type of war would we be starting then? JUST MAKE SURE YOUR LITTLE "ANGEL" IS NOT DISRESPECTFUL TO OTHER TRAVELERS-THAT SHOULDN'T BE SO DIFFICULT!!!!

Archived