Beaches and Handicapped

ljzelenz

Hello, My family will be traveling on the Allure in April and would like to goto the beach in St. Martin. I use a wheelchair with limited mobility. My husband and I also have 2 small children ages 6 and 8. My question is which is the best beach

to visit. How far are the taxi rides ? Also are there any water taxis ?

We are looking for a quiet beach with a bathroom and beach chairs.

Also, do you all believe it is necessary to take the Ship's excursion to be safe with young children ?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Lori

Also, do you all believe it is necessary to take the Ship's excursion to be safe with young children ?

Lori

Not at all.

Do your research, decide which beach is best, and just grab a taxi.

I have been to Orient Beach once, walked a bit, and from what I remember, there were some places that had some paths or board walk like walks that might be good for your needs. I remember vaguely. But, I only checked out about maybe 25% of the beach, so, hopefully, some of the experts here can give you a specific area on OB that would be good for your needs.

I would try Petite Plage in Grand Case. Instead of using the public walkway, I would suggest that you ask the taxi driver to take you to Grand Case Beach Club. At the entrance gate, buzz the front desk and ask for Sebastian at watersports. They will let you in. The access to the beach will be very handy for you and they have food and beverage service right to your lounger and there are very nice washrooms that you can access on the main floor of the restaurant building.

here's the website: http://www.snorkel-trips-sxm.com/

and here is the resort website which will show you pictures of the resort grounds and the resorts other beach where the loungers are set up for guests of the resort only

http://www.grandcasebeachclub.com/

This beach is generally a quiet beach that the resort guests and nearby villa guests visit. Beaches with facilities that would make your beach day easy and enjoyable are not going to be the most secluded beaches on the island. Seb and Monica are really lovely people and although Petite Plage is a little farther than many beaches are from the port it is easy to get to and from by taxi.

• 1 month later...

We are thinking of going to Grand Case Beach Club and doing a snorkel tour with Creole Rock Watersports. We would also like to have lunch there and use the beach (rent chairs/umbrellas). Should we rent a car or take a taxi? Any idea what a taxi would cost for 3 people? Would we have a problem getting a taxi back to Phillipsburg? Or would it be better to rent a car and drive ourselves? Thanks for any advice.

We are thinking of going to Grand Case Beach Club and doing a snorkel tour with Creole Rock Watersports. We would also like to have lunch there and use the beach (rent chairs/umbrellas). Should we rent a car or take a taxi? Any idea what a taxi would cost for 3 people? Would we have a problem getting a taxi back to Phillipsburg? Or would it be better to rent a car and drive ourselves? Thanks for any advice.

The rate is $25 one way from the pier or town to Grand Case for 2 and the 3rd passenger would pay an extra $4. Price wise I think that it would be similar to renting a small car. FYI the French have strict laws re: impaired driving so keep that in mind as well. There is parking on the street by GCBC. I can't see a problem getting a taxi if you give a little notice. From what I understand if you are purchasing food, drinks or snorkeling trips there is no charge for the chairs/umbrellas. Make sure that you contact CRW prior to your visit as they only run 3 trips per day of 5 people or less out to the rock for snorkeling.

Archived