Nice beach in Belize???

Frenchsnowhite

From what I can gather Belize is not known for it's beaches. We were there a few years ago and went to a small island that wasn't a great beach. This time we're going to Caye Caulker. Again, I don't expect a great beach but the pics make it look pretty good. Plus, you can roam all over the island; bars, restaurants, etc.

There are no nice beaches on the mainland of Belize. There are no AI like in many other ports. It is best to book an excursion before you leave, either private or with the ship. Also, most excursions worth doing are far out, about an hour.

Caye Caulker has an small, okay beach. It is about a 45 minute water taxi ride one way, after getting of the ship's tender, so you are looking at over 2 hours of total travel time by boat.

Thanks for posting this! We are now considering having our wedding in Belize while on a cruise so this is helpful. I'm sad to hear the beaches aren't the greatest, but I've always wanted to go visit Caye Caulker.

Thanks for posting this! We are now considering having our wedding in Belize while on a cruise so this is helpful. I'm sad to hear the beaches aren't the greatest, but I've always wanted to go visit Caye Caulker.

We're going to Caye Caulker in a week and used Coral Breeze: http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/Caye/Caulker/cruise/beach/current_category.15/Product.11/tours_add.html?t_product=11

I chose to use them over taking the water taxi's because I don't want to keep up with the time difference and take a chance being late back to the ship!!!!! :eek:

Archived