Triumph - Thoughts/Comments on the ship

Stant96

I am thinking of booking a cruise on the Triumph, however I have heard mixed reviews about the ship itself. I would appreciate anyones thoughts and comments on the ship, ie. cleanliness, maintenance problems, wear and tear etc. I have sailed on Carnival several time (Sensation, Spirit & Legend) but never on the same class ship as the Triumph. I have heard concerns about odors and other problems. I know Carnival had problems with one of their newer ships a few years ago but cannot recall which one.

Thanks.

My family and I just got home Saturday from our week on the Triumph. I thought the ship was beautiful and quite tastefully decorated. The theme of this cruise was 'The world", with the Rome lounge, Paris and London Dining rooms, Vienna cafe, South Beach, and many others.

I have to say I wasn't looking for any signs, but I didn't notice any areas that weren't sparkling and clean and I didn't notice any wear and tear on the ship. There was one small corridor in the library, near the Internet Cafe that had the strangest odor. I think they were cleaning carpets around there and perhaps that's what we smelled. But everything else was fine.

The staff of this ship were very friendly and helpful too!

Karen

I was on the Triumph last November and had a wonderful time. I read some really bad reviews also about carpet stains, odors, etc., so I specifically looked for those things. I found nothing wrong with the ship. However, the crew did maintenance work while we were sailing, so they blocked access to one of the pools and one of the staircases on the back deck on our last day at sea. It wasn't enough to spoil our good time though. I'd sail again on the Triumph.

I concur with all the previous posters!!

I really enjoyed the Triumph when I sailed her! So much so my DD and I have chosen to sail Triumph again this April.

Enjoy!

I'm with LizaMM & Host Terry! All sound good, looks good, good enough for me! See you no board LizaMM, Last one to the port buys the next round! lol:p

We sailed Sept. 04 and had a great. My ? is why are people so concerned about stained carpets, when they are on vacation to RELAX. Maybe people can't grasp the idea of thousands of pax day after day after day for weeks on end traversing the walkways. Heck on our cruise I witnessed a pax drop a ice cream cone and just keep walking. The Triumph was in great shape then and I'd sail it again.

I'm with LizaMM & Host Terry! All sound good, looks good, good enough for me! See you no board LizaMM, Last one to the port buys the next round! lol:p

I am happy to see all the good reports about Triumph! I am really getting even more excited to get back on her! AND NOW Chuck...you have given me more inspiration to get to the port early!

Happy Sailing to those of you who posted cruising! I believe there is one poster on this thread who was leaving today and I saw another for 4/9...Cant wait to read your reviews when you return!!!

i am sailing on her in june and i am not looking for any stains.

I'll be sailing in September to Canada/ New England and I won't be looking for stained carpet either.

If you go on a vacation looking for the negatives, that's exactly what you'll find.

I'm going to find a pleasant and relaxing cruise and to explore new and exciting places. I'll be looking to meet new people and make some new freinds. I'm sure I will be much happier than the person looking for stained carpet.:rolleyes:

Reggie:D

i am sailing on her in june and i am not looking for any stains.

Tinna

We will be following you on the July sailing....I also will not be looking for stains!!!:) But, if you do drop Ice Cream cones (being the cold New England climate and all..) I will watch for trip and fall issues!!!:rolleyes: :D

Tinna, enjoy your cruise and I can not wait to get on the Triumph also...you are just doing it a month before me.

SueSun <Will step high over dairy products in her way!!! and enjoy the trip

I'm so glad to see all the wonderful comments about the Triumph. We are sailing on her for the first time in May 2005. I'm getting so excited, I can hardly contain myself. It is a surprise cruise for our 19 year old daughter so I have to keep my mouth shut about it around her. That is soooo hard to do. Thank you for posting about the Truimph. I'm really looking forward to being aboard.

I'm so glad to see all the wonderful comments about the Triumph. We are sailing on her for the first time in May 2005. I'm getting so excited, I can hardly contain myself. It is a surprise cruise for our 19 year old daughter so I have to keep my mouth shut about it around her. That is soooo hard to do. Thank you for posting about the Truimph. I'm really looking forward to being aboard.

Oh my goodness . . . how in the world have you been able to keep this from your 19 year-old daughter? I'd never have been able to do that! What a fantastic time your daughter is going to have and what great parents she has . . .

Hello this is our 3rd time we will be sailing her. it has been great the other 2 times we are looking forward to our cruise in may we set sail 2 weeks after our daughter gets married looking forward to this one.......NOT to LOSING HER

Oh my goodness . . . how in the world have you been able to keep this from your 19 year-old daughter? I'd never have been able to do that! What a fantastic time your daughter is going to have and what great parents she has . . .

It has not been easy. I just have to not say much about our upcoming vacation. She thinks we are driving to the FL Keys. We've talked about going on a vacation there for a couple of years. She thinks we are stopping over in Miami as a rest stop before heading on into the Keys. I'm hoping to get a room in Miami near the port. We are going to get up early, have breakfast and then I am going to ask if we can take a few minutes to drive down to the port to see all the ships since we are so close and since our daughter has never seen such ships. My husband will agree so I know our daughter will be fine with it if he and I are. She will only know that we are going on a cruise when we start unloading the luggage and taking it to the porter.

Its our 2nd cruise and we are very exited to go!

Anyone cruising with kids?

We have an 11 year old boy and a 13 year old girl.

Please Email me at: ChelyLugo@aol.com

We're on the 4/9 cruise, a group of eight. Only 11 days till we get to MIami! We're traveling with my 12 and 3 y.o. sons and 8 y.o. daughter. We'll see you on borad!

Hi

I will be on the Triumph in June to the Bahamas. Like everyone else I will not be looking at stains--only what sights I can see on the ship and the many things I will be able to do, eat, and drink. I am taking my college graduate daughter on this cruise as a present for 4 years of hard work and staying on the dean's list for the last three years. We can't wait--70 days and counting.:)

Archived