Laundry on Sapphire to Alaska

Bouds

I'm finishing up my packing for my cruise to Alaska on Sapphire. I just read some information about self-serve laundry on the ship being limited for environmental reasons. I'm planning on doing a load or two of laundry and am packing accordingly, but if it's going to be difficult to find a time the self service laundry is open, I'll need to pack differently. Does anyone have any up-to-date info?

Here is a link to a similar thread regarding the Diamond Princess which is the Sapphire's sister ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1456268&highlight=alaska+laundry

It appears that the laundry room is open regularly as the larger ships like the Diamond and Sapphire have large enough holding tanks to maintain the "gray" water. We were on the Diamond in Alaska a couple of summers ago and never found the laundry closed when we went to use it.

I'm finishing up my packing for my cruise to Alaska on Sapphire. I just read some information about self-serve laundry on the ship being limited for environmental reasons. . Does anyone have any up-to-date info?

I used the laundry room on deck 8 on Sapphire last week during port stops. Very nice setup, including 4 ironing boards and irons ready to go (even flat-screen TV for anyone who wanted to sit and wait). I didn't want the added weight of carrying rolls of quarters to the ship, so simply went to guest services with cash to swap for quarters before I headed to laundry room. They even had $5 worth (half roll) ready to trade. Washer & Dryer each took $2.00 per load. I found I did not use the amount of time allocated for the dryer loads...had about 25 minutes remaining after I removed the clothes.

Archived