Poesia in Canada

Sag13

Has anyone been on the Poesia to Quebec? Are the menus the same as those posted for the Caribbean or are they more European? Also, is the euro used on board the ship in Canada? How to dress for an October cruise, will it be cold?

Hi - We are cruising on the Poesia on the East Coast and we have been told we will pay in US $ it will be the same for you. The menus I am expecting to be the same as the Carribean ones posted which means I have to start losing a bit of weight or buy new clothing a size bigger for my cruise ;) I cant help you with the clothing but there are lots of sites that tell you the average temperatures in any particular place if you go searching. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

How to dress for an October cruise, will it be cold?

I'm not sure of your exact dates and October weather varies a lot being warmer in the beginning of the month and cold by the end of it. On a sunny October day you will likely still wear pants but a short sleeve shirt would be fine. If overcast it can be much cooler so a sweatshirt or fleece would be needed too.

As the temperatures can vary a lot throughout the day I generally layer at that time of year. A t-shirt, then thin fleece followed by a wind-breaker. Remove and then add layers as needed.

Hopefully you will get to enjoy some of our beautiful foliage. It still amazes me every year.

Although as far as the actually sailing around Canada in October, if you want to spend time out on deck, pack along some earmuffs and mittens to wear out in the breeze.

Or if you go back to the aft decks, it will be less windy there :)

Archived