Marseilles, Cassis

Mailgirl

I am on the Carnival Magic and will be in Marseilles on 09/24. I mentioned the cruise to someone and they said that I should go to Cassis while I am there. The ship is in port from 8:00am - 6:00pm. Has anyone been to Cassis? If yes, can I do Notre Dame and Cassis?

• 4 weeks later...
You could very easily do both Notre Dame and a boat trip along the calanques (the craggy, beautiful coastline) as far as Cassis. Visiting Cassis itself might be more time-consuming -- were you thinking of renting a car to get there, or taking the train?

Hi, I'm going to be on the Liberty on the 24th and docking at La Seyne Sur-Mer on Sunday the 25th of Sept. We want to go to Cassis. Do we take a bus to the train station in La Seyne Sur-Mer and take the train to Cassis from there or do we need to go to Toulon and take the train to Cassis? I don't have the bearings on what direction everything is.

Thanks,

I am on the Carnival Magic and will be in Marseilles on 09/24. I mentioned the cruise to someone and they said that I should go to Cassis while I am there. The ship is in port from 8:00am - 6:00pm. Has anyone been to Cassis? If yes, can I do Notre Dame and Cassis?

We are going on the magic Oct 16 and was trying to do both Notre Dame and Cassis. Were you able to do both in one day?

Hi, I'm going to be on the Liberty on the 24th and docking at La Seyne Sur-Mer on Sunday the 25th of Sept. We want to go to Cassis. Do we take a bus to the train station in La Seyne Sur-Mer and take the train to Cassis from there or do we need to go to Toulon and take the train to Cassis? I don't have the bearings on what direction everything is.

Thanks,

Bear in Mind that Cassis is very hilly and the train station is about 2km from the scenic sea shore part of town.

Archived