Need seasoned cruiser opinions

ErinFl2003

How do you know which dot com companies are reliable to use when booking your cruise? I am not asking for recommendations, only how to check the validity of the companies. I want to make sure before plunking down thousands of dollars to one of these companies. I recently gave a deposit to one of them that I've not heard of before.

Thanks,

Erin & James

Hi, kinda like closing the barndoor after the horse got out. I THINK you can post a message that reads I used so and so , does anyone know if they are reliable.? I have always found the rules about posting names a little ambiguous. Write one of the hosts, ask if you can do this and then if so print your questions. This is going to be the best place to get answers.

First I would have to ask “ are these small no name sites really offering better deals than the larger named ones”? I would only do business with one that you can talk to someone from a 1-800 number. The larger company’s I have found have better prices and the one I last used had the best pricing and had a deal worked with the cruise line to give $100 ship board credits as a booking incentive. I will use them again. If you are interested in the company I had good luck with e-mail me and I will pass that info on to you. rsjc@ev1.net

I recently gave a deposit to one of them that I've not heard of before.

Thanks,

Erin & James

was this deposit charged to your credit card from the cruise line or the agent? I would say that would be a good sign of weather you have anything to worry about. If the cruise line charged your card "no Problem" If the agent charged your card "what are they up to"

Thanks for the responses. I posted the name of a dot com company here a few days ago and the post was promptly eliminated. It seems that is a no-no. Anyway, I checked my credit card and the deposit was credited to the cruiseline and not the agent so I feel a bit relieved. Anyway, next time I'll check before and not after the fact. Erin

I would now get the Comp # from the Travel Agent, Call the cruise-line and check the status. With your deposit charged by the cruise line I would say no matter what happens to the agent your booked. Just double check your comp # with the cruise line.

Archived