Paris before and during Bastille celebrations

SunDapple

At the end of our river cruise we will be spending a few extra days in Paris, and just realized that the day we were planning to depart was Bastille Day which falls on a Saturday next year. We wonder how crowded Paris will be in the days leading up to the holiday, and if we should leave Paris on the Friday before, because certainly the Sunday after will probably be a very busy day for travel as celebrants will be heading home.

Does any one know what we can expect?

Thanks.

Absent a bicentenial celebration as a few years ago, it will be a fun day but not nearly as impossible as you are forseeing. Would you leave New York on the 3rd of July when you could watch fireworks the next night?

Absent a bicentenial celebration as a few years ago, it will be a fun day but not nearly as impossible as you are forseeing. Would you leave New York on the 3rd of July when you could watch fireworks the next night?

In a word, yes. There's no light show worth crowds of people. But my main concern is traffic to the airport, and being able to get out of the city.

I wouldn't worry. the traffic on the 31st of July, yes, but July 15 shouldn't be a mass exodus. (and to each their own on the fireworks, I would stay the extra day and thought others might too . . .)

Archived