For the millionth time!

Melismass

:confused:Time zone / water taxi confusion please help! We are on the Carnival Legend visiting Belize on September 14th. We want to take the water taxi to Caye Caulker. Our ship Arrives at 8:00 am. What time will it be in Belize? I know you are all so sick of this question, but Im a time zone idiot! Sorry!

Go to this site: cruisett.com

Click on "ports"

Scroll to port you are looking for (Belize City)

Click on the month you will be there

Scroll to date you are looking for

Click in the ship name and it should show the hours you will be in port.

I can't see where the Ledgend will be in port on the 14th as you suggest but it will be there on the 11th and the 16th. Time in port shows 8 AM to 5 PM.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
:confused:Time zone / water taxi confusion please help! We are on the Carnival Legend visiting Belize on September 14th. We want to take the water taxi to Caye Caulker. Our ship Arrives at 8:00 am. What time will it be in Belize? I know you are all so sick of this question, but Im a time zone idiot! Sorry!

You are not alone in your confusion! I am having the eaxct same issue finding an answer! We are a family of 7 going to Belize in December on the Carnival Liberty and I planned on doing to water taxi on our own since it is MUCH cheaper than booking an excursion thru Coral Breeze or similar for 7 people. I am just confused about ship time, port time, etc. and am also afraid that using our cell phones to keep up on the time won't be any help because they usually update automatically when you change time zones I think. So hoping someone will post a good answer ! Belize is certainly not the port I want to be stranded in! :o

The Legend always shows 8 am to 5 pm local time every time she is in port (anchored out and tender). Like others, I do not see her there on the 11th?:confused:

Whatever time you are using, she will be there for 9 hours total. The ship will tell you what time is being used for each port.

Legend is on Tampa time, so eastern daylight savings time now.

Belize is on central standard time.

They do not observe daylight savings time.

So until our clocks "fall back", Belize will be two hours behind ships time.

(or you will be docking at 6 am Belize time)

Bill

Archived