NOLA must-dos?

hollyad

I will be in New Orleans with my family (DH & 3 year old daughter) 3 days prior to my cruise. What are the must-dos?

I am interested in doing the following:

Street car to garden district

Cemetary tour (any sugggestions on which cemetary and which tour group?)

WW II Museum (Is this doable with a 3 year-old?)

French Quarter

Cafe du Monde (I plan on living there :-) )

Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

With a three year old, I would not miss the Louisiana Children's Museum or the Aquarium. I recently visited the Children's museum with my 3-1/2 year old twin nephews and their baby sister and it was wonderful. I have not been to the Aquarium recently, but it is one of the best in the country. The Audubon Zoo is also wonderful - depending on the time of the year. It is too hot in August, even though they have a new water area for little ones.

Unless the WWII museum is a must for the adults, I would not take a three year old there. It is another great museum, but there isn't anything for little ones.

There are discounts for these activities in the 2011 Entertainment book. I know the new one is just out, but my copy has not been delivered yet. I have not done a cemetery tour in years, but there are other threads regarding this - check the New Orleans section also.

Cafe du Monde is not to be missed! Your little one will also like walking along the River and watching the ships. Enjoy!

Archived