Water parks in Greece/ KId Ideas

lettrich

I know there are 2 water parks in Greece (that I am aware of) In Rhodes there is a water park - does anyone know how far away it is from the pier?

I also know there is a water park in Santorini - is there a scheduled ship excursion? Is that water park far from the pier? We are going on Celebrity Equinox in JUly 2012 & are trying to find fun things to do with our kids. At most of the other ports we will be looking at historical things/sightseeing so I wanted one day just for them. Any other ideas on things to do in either Mykonos, Santorini or Rhodes? In Santorini there is a volcano hike & swim in the Hot Springs that sounds interesting but I am afraid my daughter will not be able to swim that far - she will be 9 & is an ok swimmer. Any ideas/suggestions would be great!

We just returned from the Ruby for 12 days with 15 year old daughters and although we did not have the need to have a "water park" day we did pass by this park in Turkey which looked INCREDIBLE!! Especially since it was over 105 degrees in Ephesus. We would not have missed Ephesus as it was the MOST incredible day ever but if you have more time than we had this might be an option.

http://www.adaland.com/

Enjoy!!

We were in Rhodes and Ephesus last month. We saw the water park in Rhodes, our tour guide pointed it out. I don't know exactly where it was or how close it was to the port.

A comment about Ephesus...

It was SUPER hot the day we were there. 104 degrees.

Be sure and take bottled water, a hat or umbrella for shade.

My friend took a "cooling rag" that she purchased online, and she said it really helped keep her cool. It is similar to a chamoise (shammy), you get it wet with cold water, it doesn't drip and you can wear it around your neck to cool off.

If at possible, arrange your day to arrive at Ephesus early.

Our tour included a stop first at the House of the Virgin Mary. In hindsight, I wish we would have skipped that and headed straight for Ephesus.

Ephesus is amazing. If you really want to see some magnificent excavations, go to the Terrace Houses.

Enjoy your vacation!

If you are going to Corfu, they have a large waterpark. They advertise themselves as the largest in Greece, but we don't know if that is true. We passed the signs but didn't go in.

I will also note that instead of a waterpark, we had a few beach days on our cruise - Corfu, part of our day in Santorini, Cannes... Although we didn't go to a waterpark, most of the beaches we went to had vendors to take you for banana boat rides, wakeboarding, etc.

We took our two sons (older teens) on a Med cruise a couple years back. It was a very port intensive cruise. As part of the planning (can u say bribe) we told them to pick a port and they could do whatever they wanted. They chose to do the water park on Rhodes. Not really my idea of what I wanted to do on Rhodes but a deal was a deal.

After all the touring we had done and it was summer (Can u say hot!!) it probably was one of the better choices!! It is a nice water park with lots to do for the boys and my DH and I found a quieter spot (near the floating river area) and just vegged for the day.

It is about a 15 - 20 minute taxi ride from the port so not too expensive a cab ride. What we did find was when we got off the ship there were a line up of taxis there. They all wanted the cruisers who were looking for an all day tour. But seemed to be someone there directing the flow of cabs and he made one of them take us there. We didn't book one for the return back to the ship so had to wait for a bit (15 minutes) until a cab showed up to take us back.

In hind sight, it was a great choice and the boys had a blast and we had happy boys

As to Santorini water park, I can't tell you anything. However, I did some research on the volcano swim and hotsprings when we first went there a few years back. Some people say the hot springs aren't really hot and their bathing suits got ruined by the swim (perhaps sulfa, can't remember). Too many people shared not being happy with that excursion so we canceled it and just did Fira and then Oia on our own. It is so beautiful and maybe Akrotira will be open when u get there. It has been closed each of the 3 times we have been to Santorini. One of these days we will be able to see those ruins. I have never seen a shore excursion to water park on Santorini but we have only been there on Celebrity ships. Maybe another line does, not sure.

Thanks Jack1 for the info - we will probably go to the Rhodes waterpark - I saw videos of it on Youtube & it looks like a lot of fun. Thanks also for the info on the Hot Springs tour - we will probably not book that.

Archived