Ideas for vow renewal

LM20

We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary on Royal Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas and plan to renew our vows. We are not interested in the cruiseline's vow renewal service and looking for other ideas. There are 11 people in our group including us. We don't need an officiant or formal ceremony as it is just renewal not a wedding. We thought about finding a place on the deck at sunset where we would recite our vows to one another, however it is hard to determine a good spot from the deck plans. We would love some ideas- thanks!

Also, has anyone had experience with booking a lounge for a private party?

We thought about having dinner at a specialty restaurant, however they do not allow children.

Thanks!

I am not sure about RCCL but I have booked a Private party on Carnival, it was great, open bar, snacks, a DJ that will play whatever you want (like your first dance song) just be sure to take your own CD if you want something specific. We had ours in a bar, one whole wall was windows, it was nice. That was just for a family reunion, but I am sure it would work for a vow renewal.

Hope this helps!

My DW and I are also renewing our vows on the Freedom of the Seas this coming February. We are actually booked throught Royal Weddings as we were only married by a justice of the peace, so I thought I would let her have her formal wedding, even though it is not legal. We are also looking for some place to hold the ceremony. The deck plans are not very helpful.

Does anyone know if there is room by the flowrider to do a service? My wife would like the sea in the background and I was looking for something in the aft end so that the wind might now be as bad.

My DW and I are also renewing our vows on the Freedom of the Seas this coming February. We are actually booked throught Royal Weddings as we were only married by a justice of the peace, so I thought I would let her have her formal wedding, even though it is not legal. .

Hi Scott & Tammy - congrats on your upcoming renewal. That is so sweet :)

LM20,

I believe a travel agent can set up a private party for you on RCCL. I would check with a TA first before calling RCCL (as they would transfer you to their wedding department) or if you do call RCCL directly I wouldn't use the terms vow renewal or weddings, just say private family gathering. Also an added tip. If you all are dining together in the main dining room. you can order one of the 'birthday cakes' they are like 10.00 for a 8 inch round I think it is... and they will write whatever you want on it or leave it blank...

Scott and Tammy

They do have packages called 'explorer packages' in their wedding package. They are an additional 300.00 (or that was the costs last year) to get married on the golf course, flow rider, or rock climbing wall. I don't know if they can do this with a vow renewal because the weddings are on embarking day and renewals normally take place during a "sea day"

Congrats to all :)

Archived