Guess we'll have to be amongst the first off Destiny.

stargate fan

I received a phone call from JetBlue yesterday. Our flight from FLL to BOS has been changed from 1:55 PM to 11:45 AM. (Next flight is at 6:15 PM.) Cruise sails out of Miami. I'm not concerned about getting to FLL on time-we are using SAS. It's just that I was hoping to slowly make our way off the ship.

Thanks for reading.

Happy Wednesday.

you are sailing from Miami and your flight is in FLL?

I have made that flight but flying and cruising out of the home port.

(I didnt know that SAS went from MIA to FLL. - is this new?)

I would schedule a car service to pick you up. carry off your luggage. You will need to be at the airport and checked in before 10:45. (doable) but if you are one minute late they will not let you check in. Your luggae must be checked in 60 minutes before the scheduled flight

I would schedule a car service to pick you up. carry off your luggage. You will need to be at the airport and checked in before 10:45. (doable) but if you are one minute late they will not let you check in. Your luggae must be checked in 60 minutes before the scheduled flight

While you shouldnt cut it this close, these are Jetblues cut off times, each airline is different

Cut-off Time for Checking In for Domestic Flights

Checked baggage will not be accepted earlier than 4 hours and no less than 30 minutes prior to schedule departure time.

We will not be liable for any charges incurred for baggage that was checked late, nor will we be liable for delivery or compensation for late-checked baggage.

If you are traveling with checked bags, you must check in no later than 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure.

If you are not checking bags, you must check in no later than 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure.

All Customers must be onboard the aircraft 15 minutes prior to scheduled or posted departure time.

OP, you are still 2 months out, they could add another route or change your flight again.

you are sailing from Miami and your flight is in FLL?

I have made that flight but flying and cruising out of the home port.

(I didnt know that SAS went from MIA to FLL. - is this new?)

We have flown into FLL and sailed out of Miami before. Flights from New England, especially BOS, to FLL are usually less expensive than into Miami. I really am a fan of JetBlue, but they don't fly into MIA so FLL it is.

We have also used SAS Shuttle in the past. The drive from FLL to Miami was only 25 minutes or so. SAS picks up at FLL and drives to Miami hotels and POM. They also pick up at POM for trips to FLL.

We already have our SAS reservations. We'll either use Self-Assist debarkation or ask for very low numbered luggage tags. Since I am traveling alone with my 71 year old mom, it will most likely be the low numbered tags. DH and I have used S-A debarkation in the past, but not sure that Mom could handle her own luggage. (I have limited her to ONE carry-on and ONE suitcase under 50 lbs. :eek: This is only a four night cruise with an extra night in Miami pre-cruise.)

OP, you are still 2 months out, they could add another route or change your flight again.

This is true.

I'm not stressing about it, just lamenting that we'll have to rush a little more than I would have liked. To put a positive spin on the change, the earlier flight does get us home earlier, so we'll beat Boston commuter traffic back to southern New Hampshire. (Took my son to Logan last week. It took me two hours to get back home, for a trip that usually takes an hour. 5:00 PM commuter traffic is really awful.)

Archived