Cabin 6371 on Destiny

4nzic1

Hello,

I'm booked in Cabin 6371 on Destiny Dec 11th from San Juan to the Southern Caribbean. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or one similar? I think there is an extended balcony. It's an aft cabin.........did we make a bad selection or will having that extended balcony make up for it? : ) We have cruised before but have never stayed in an extremely forward or aft cabin.

hi-you have possibly made a mistake...check the deck plans, but you may have a room right over the disco/lounge/bar on the promenade deck...did you get a discounted rate than the normal wrap around? If so, then I highly suggest you change your cabin...I booked a night owl, and you can feel the bass of the music from down below...I was in cabin 6319...Just checked and it looks like you are near stairs...you may hear some noise...you are also above a lounge...may be some noise, but I don't think any from disco...it is a 50/50 situation or an either or situation...

your welcome,

crazidude

Hi Crazidude1400,

I'm aware that I will be over a lounge.....i figure that wouldn't be as bad as being over a disco. : ) I weighed the pros and cons....thus far that little extended balcony is winning. : ) I looked at the 6319 you had at that night hour rate and it is directly above the disco. As far as being near the stairs I'm figuring it won't be as bad as being near an elevator (which I've experienced before with people laughing, making noise, etc). I figure they'd all be as lazy as me and avoid the stairs. : ) So was 6319 worth the night owl price? i only ask becaus one of the couples going with us was considering it because it was almost $500 off. but they decided to just go for the balcony.

the 6319 is NOT worth the price unless you want to close down the disco with a couple of other people...you are correct...your stateroom is what you make of it...it also depends on the type of sleeper you are...for my cruise on the Destiny...I moved to the riviera deck, as their are only cabins..I have moved midship too...:D

I 've stayed in Cabin 6371. It's a great cabin. It has a king size bed in it (though it refers to a queen size) that does not have the slit in between , so it's one bed. The balcony is longer and roomy and it's quite. The only thing that I didn't like about the room was the bathroom was farthest away from the entry door and it seem a little smaller. The entry door is behind another door in a small area. It's a larger room than the regular balcony rooms. If you're going to do anything on the balcony make sure the guests in cabin 6363 aren't home . The divider is all that keeps them from hearing you. Have a great cruise and enjoy the room.

Thanks JJudy....I hope the bathroom is at least large enough for me to squeeze into after eating all the buffets. : ) Our friends will be in room 6363........besides, we don't plan on 'doing anything' out on the balcony except sitting back and enjoying the view. : ) Someone above mentioned possible noise from the stairway and lounge. Did you have such problems? I anticipate some noise from the stairs but figure they won't be used as much as the elevators. As for being over the lounge, I saw that when I booked but figured that the lounge wouldn't be as loud as being over a disco. Overall, I'm expecting my pros of selecting that cabin will outweigh the cons.

Have the steward open the divider so you have a longer balcony. The bathroom is square so there is just enough space to close the door. As far as noise, the stairwell is only used for the munster drill and since you are at the end of the ship, the lounge underneath you is like it's not there. It should be a very relaxing cruise. Enjoy!

Archived