timing of Tampa hotels free transfers to pier

nwtravler

There are several hotels that provide free transfer to the port on cruise day.

Several have been mentioned on this site in Rocky Point and Westshore, Tahitian Inn...

Someone mentioned that one hotel had transfers and 11,12,and 1 and tickets were distirbuted to the guests.

I wonder how they are distributed as I would gather that most of the guests would want to take the earliest shuttle.

I am asking as perhaps it is better to go by taxi to the port of Tampa so we will arrive by the time NCL opens for processing and boarding the ship, rather than stay at a hotel

that provides the free transfer.

thanks.

I can't speak for all of the hotels but The Holiday Inn RP has a shuttle that leaves at 11 am, noon and 1pm. You sign up for the shuttle when you check in, so the earlier you get to the hotel, the better chance you have of the 11am shuttle. We are staying there again this Oct and have a later arriving flight so I am prepared not to be on the earlier shuttle. I am ok with this though and will probably sign up for the 1pm shuttle. This will allow us to sleep in a little, get in breakfast and a morning swim and then be able to have our cabin ready by the time we board the ship. I hate pulling around the carry-ons.

we had a similar situation to you it sounds. We are driving from a long ways away and don't want to be stuck on the latest shuttle. I found the Tahitian Inn's name on here and called. After speaking with them they said that I could request the shuttle whenever I wanted to go to the pier. I hope this is the case but they also said that on the day of arrival we could call and ask to have our name put down for the shuttle time. I believe most hotels here would allow this but just ask the hotel directly to be sure. The Tahitian Inn looks to be something different from the cookie cutter hotels. Hopefully this is a good thing!

Archived