Voltage Converter

Newdoc2002

We're doing a pre-cruise at the Pearl Moorea and the PG cruise after that. I've searched on the website and all over this forum but cannot find my answer.

Would someone please tell me what the voltage of the electric outlets are and if we need adaptor plugs as well (for US electric items)? Thanks for any information.

On the PG they have both European and US outlets at the vanity area between the closets. You will not need a converter there. You may need one at the Moorea Pearl Resort. We took and used a Radio Shack 50 Watt Foreign Travel Voltage Converter (it hasbuilt-in plug adapters) to the Manihi Pearl Resort last year.

We just returned from the Navigator and weren't able to plug in our travel surge protector for the laptop or our camera battery recharger because of the location of the electric outlets. We wished we had a power strip. The current also seemed a little strange. The battery recharger didn't work anywhere on the ship and the laptop behaved very strangely (suddenly going into hibernate mode) the entire time we were on the ship.

Mary and Lis

Archived