carry on beverages

cawagner

We always carry on a 12 pack 12 oz. cokes and sprites and a 6 pack of bottle water and have had no problems in all onr cruises..we refill our water bottles so if you don't want the room steward to throw them away you have to put the empties in the closet...And you can carry on 12 pack in any port...Dennis

They now say the bottle cant be any bigger than 20 ounces . You have quite a long time between now and when you will sail if I read correctly, no telling what the changes will be by that time, we sail again in early March and it applies to us too...dont know if the same rules will be in place, come after the first of the year, then you will most likely know if there will be changes

Maybe a stupid question but does it have to be a 12 pack or can I bring like a 6 pack of soda and a six pack of root beer as my 12?

You are allowed per person 12 - 20 oz non alcoholic beverages. Does not matter what brand, or flavor, does not have to be all same. You cold have 2 Coke, 2 Pepsi, 2 A&W, 2 Freska, 2 Tab, 2 Grape Nehi (for Radar). Just can't exceed 12 - 20 oz per person.

Also cruisers over 21 may bring 1 - 750 ml bottle of wine or champaign onboard at embarkation.

Some posters have also mentioned that they also bring on non-alcoholic beverages at port calls.

On initial embarkation, you may also get away with have more than the one person limit in your carryon. I had a carry on that had 6 bottles of wine, and 24 non-alcoholic beverages. Just be sure that the other guest who you are traveling with, and holding for, are with you as you go past the security people.

Maybe a stupid question but does it have to be a 12 pack or can I bring like a 6 pack of soda and a six pack of root beer as my 12?

Absolutely. It is 12 bottles, not a 12 pack. Each bottle may not exceed 20 ounces, so you can mix and match water, juice, soft drinks, etc. -- just not alcohol as part of the 12 bottles.

Alcohol is limited to one 750ml bottle of wine per passenger over the age of 18. Some have said that a 1.5 ltr bottle/box may be OK for two people, but some say that the agents may not do the math.

We sail on 9/19 out of Mobile and I just called Bon Voyage at 800-522-7648 to order a bottle of liquor to have delivered to our room. I was told they don't do this. What gives? I know we done this last year so has Carnvial changed thier policy??

Last year (and I know rules have changed some), I put a 24 pack of water, 2 liquid chai teas and a sugar free creamer (liquid), in my check through and it made it just fine.

Yes, they opened it and inpected it for smuggled alcohol, but it passed (as well it should - there was no alcohol in that suitcase).

I am hoping to do that again. I live on bottled water, that I flavor myself and I can't have sugar, so therefore, the sugar free chai tea and sugar free creamer - which you cannot get on the ships.

Hopefully they are not enforcing their 20 ounce rule much. The wife only wants to drink Smart Water and we can only find them in the larger size bottles in our area! Had planned to take a sealed 12 pack onboard. Still might try, but looking forward to seeing other people's experiences before our cruise in November.

Archived