*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Good morning, SMDers!

Great game and fantastic outcome. Congrats to the Pack, you deserved it!!

Kenny and I can't get rid of this cold to save our life. He got it, gave it to me, he got rid of it and so did I. Then he started again and yep I feel like chit. Found some decongestants in the drawer that the doctor gave me, still in date so I have started taking those. Just took the 2nd one and will see what happens.

Other than that, nothing going on here but whinning and I am doing most of it.:eek: Anyone got some cheese?

Well, Happy Birthday, Kathy!!!!

The crud is going around my house, too. Oldest DD went to the Dr this morning. Nose swab...tested positive for the crud (ie FLU). Rx for Tamiflu with promises for a called in Rx if the other girls start getting it. Yay...

Get well Cathy P

Waiting with you, Rich to hear from your Dr.

Good morning (now afternoon), Janet.

Hi Marie and Chelle.

Hi Adrea, and thanks for the count-down. Almost down to a year! :)

Good Afternoon ya’ll. Finally heard back from the doctor’s office an here is what is on the MRI.

Non-displaced left tibia fracture

Torn Left MCL ligament

And some sort of torn muscle

Add that to the 6 broken ribs and the 3 broken bones in the wrist and you have ME:eek:!

Got the Outpatient surgery on Wed and then Thurs I have an appointment with the Orthopod. I may need to take another cruise after all this just to relax.

Just think, that after Wed I will be able to type again with both hands and it won't take 30 minutes to type a message.

Cathy p - I had plenty of cheese last night:p.

Happy Belated B-day Kathy!

OK, I will check back later

Good Afternoon ya’ll. Finally heard back from the doctor’s office an here is what is on the MRI.

Non-displaced left tibia fracture

Torn Left MCL ligament

And some sort of torn muscle

Add that to the 6 broken ribs and the 3 broken bones in the wrist and you have ME:eek:!

Got the Outpatient surgery on Wed and then Thurs I have an appointment with the Orthopod. I may need to take another cruise after all this just to relax.

Just think, that after Wed I will be able to type again with both hands and it won't take 30 minutes to type a message.

Cathy p - I had plenty of cheese last night:p.

Happy Belated B-day Kathy!

OK, I will check back later

Well Rich I guess now you know where all the boo-boos are, maybe you can start the healing process after surgery..

Wishing you the best with that and just know that we are thinking of you.:)

Kathy belated:Happy Birthday!!!

Cathyp sorry that you and Kenny are still under the weather...hugs to you and feel better soon.

Hey Lil Nan...sorry your household is under flu bug lock down, hope the other girls do not get it..

Gosh we sure have a lot of sickness going on here and hurts...:eek:

With the Winter weather that we have had I am surprised by nothing...

Waving to all my buds here and hope tomorrow is a feel better day for the sick ones.

Hope the rest of the SMDers stay well, safe and warm...;)

Good morning, SMDers!

Well another crappy day at the Peele house. Decided to go to the doctor today and went to Urgent Care only to find out they don't open until 12 today. I got there at 8:15 so then Kenny says I saw another one down the road a piece so 40 mins later we are home and waiting for 12.:eek: Thanks for all the well wishes.

Gosh Rich I feel bad for whinning considering all your broken bones and torn stuff. I hope they start to heal real soon.

OK back to my chair, chat later.

Does anyone know if we get price protection by booking with the group and Johna, and how that works? They have that 72 hour sale going on right now, and the prices have dropped, not to mention an upgrade if you are a past guest. I want to book one of my chosen cabins, but not sure what to do.

Good Morning SMDer's

Hi Nancy, wish I had an answer for you

My screen tells me the same thing every day,

I don't see a price drop

at least not on the Carnival Site

Where did you see a drop, or a sale?

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Got this off another CC Thread...

Just in case anyone needs it for future use.

I think you have to be ES to get the Price Protection Nancy

Not sure how that works at all

I think we are just hoping for the best with our Group rate, and maybe an upgrade with that too?

Thanks, Marie. I was just wondering, because I am pretty positive that we had price protection for the Dream cuise. Didn't know if that was just part of our ammenities for that group, or if it was before the PG rates went into effect, and now we don't get that.

Nancy, price protection is in effect for group rates only. If group rates go down, then we get an adjustment but not if individual prices go down. The bad part about this is that there is no way for us to check. Only Johna can do it.

Good evening SMDers. Hope everyone is well.

Nancy - Janet is correct. I also looked into the pricing and I don't see where it is cheaper then the prices offered on the group rate. When you add in the taxes and port fees, it's more then the group rate and yes we do have the price protection (don't forget the $100 OBC that we also get).

Well tomorrow is the day for the outpatient surgery and I'm sure that my wrist will feel better. Then we will work on the left leg/knee.

Have a great night ya'll.

Good Morning SMDer's

Be Well today Rich

Nancy, I am with Rich, I looked over the 72 hour sale and our prices are better

The one thing that might be better is if you wanted to take advantage of the sale and get the Cove Bal.

What I would do, id call Johna, and get her take on it. Not sure you have time for just an e-mail.

OK, off to get ready for work, see ya all later....

I just looked at the pricing for the cove on the special and it is more than the reg price.

Sale price $2498...On the reg web page today's price $1718 (both before gov and port fee).

Makes you wonder what kind of sale this is?

Hi. Rich, I hope your surgery went well and you are feeling better.

Marie, I totally agree with you about the sales. Sometimes they are more than the reg. price. I looked at our Destiny cruise on the booking engine fare finder thingy and it says there is a past guest discount, I went to pretend book it, and that discount won't show up at all. But the price Judie got a year ago still beats all the pricing these days. She got a killer deal! Plus we got upgraded to the lido deck!!:D

OK guys, here is my take on the 72 hour sale...you may understand it better than I do, so take this with a grain of salt...

The page you see for the sale is for the Past Guest rate...which is always more that Early Saver, but PG has free upgrades. When you do a booking on the carnival website, there is no PG rate shown, only ES. The ES rate is less than our group rate, but no OBC. I have emailed Johna, and heard back from her right away. I already had a list I was creating for myself because I want to book a specific room soon. I just compared what she told me to what I have and from what I can tell, there are great deals to be had during this sale...

For example...if I was to book a 7C Cove right now through ES, it would be $10 less than our 8B Gaurantee (taking into consideration the OBC, but including taxes and charges), and a Cove is more desired than the 8B (not sure why it is a downgrade??). The 8B ES is more than I am booked at right now.

Rich, I am thinking of you today. I hope you feel better as soon as the surgery is over.

Hi eveyone.

Hope Rich's surgery goes well.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Weather warmed up enough for me to enjoy going out.

Finished painting and bought a wireless router so I'll be on more often. No more fighting over the only (internet connected) computer. :)

I don't check prices after I book. I know some get better deals but I just don't want to get all worked up about the price. I figure I thought it was a good deal when I booked...good enough. Of course I don't cruise often enough that the savings will add up to another cruise. ;)

The prices on the Carnival website for the cove balconies are less that Johna will charge us for them. I think that is wrong! Oh wait...I think it's because it's an ES rate. Either way, I think a group rate should be cheaper than any other rate. Especially since our group rates can go away at a moments notice.

How you doing Rich?

Rich let me just echo what the others have said.

Sure hope surgery went well and that you will be on the recovery road now.

SNOWING right now as I type and has been since 3:00 this afternoon.....:eek::eek::eek:

I am so over this ice/cold/snow mess, will Spring EVER get here?????

Sorry guys just had to get that off my chest..

Waving to Marie, Rich, Janet, Cathyp(was she here today or still feeling under the weather?)Kathy and Nancy...

OMG! HELP! My DH is now saying he doesn't want to go to any port in Mexico, and he doesn't want to get off at Cozumel, but I can't, either!:eek: He says he told me not to book any cruises going to Mexico long before I booked this (he did:rolleyes:) and is kind of upset that I booked it anyways.:o I had to reschedule our Matey cruise, and wanted to do it with you guys...is that a crime???:confused: Plus, there aren't many itineraries that don't go to some Mexican port... It doesn't break my heart to stay on the ship, but I can't believe that he is being so closed-minded...

Nancy, he has the same mind set as a lot of people. Just try to convince him that he will be fine, that he will be with a group going on an excursion. Oh wait, he doesn't like groups. Well....crap, maybe you just stay on the ship in coz? :( Well maybe you guys can travel with us to the beach, and then you can sit seperately from the group.:eek::D

Good evening ya'll. Just a quick note. Thanks for all the well wishes. Surgery went well, but it sure does hurt like $%#@. Drugs are hepling. Now to see the Ortho doc in the morning.

Nanay - Just tell Asa that Cozumel is the safest place in all of Mexico (as per the tourist commission of Mexico). Being an island does help! Its still a year away and we will help you change is mind.

Have a good night everyone.

Rich, sure glad you are now on the mend...

Janet, I think Johna is quoting the same price as Carnival, but we get the OBC

And The coves are less than the 8B all the time, so if you were thinking of an 8B, but want a cove, go for it!

Remember if you get a 8B to get one in the way back of the boat.

Or you will be right above and looking down (and them looking up) people walking the deck. Check the deck plans really good.

Nancy, if it helps at all, Nachi Co Com, is a private beach All inclusive Resort.

Only 100 people can make reservations, so it is safe,

NOT crowded, although you would be with a bunch of us, it is not crowded at all

believe Me we were there with 50 Looneys on a sold out day, and there is plenty of space.

I didn't even see all the Looneys that were there?

OMG! HELP! My DH is now saying he doesn't want to go to any port in Mexico, and he doesn't want to get off at Cozumel, but I can't, either!:eek: He says he told me not to book any cruises going to Mexico long before I booked this (he did:rolleyes:) and is kind of upset that I booked it anyways.:o I had to reschedule our Matey cruise, and wanted to do it with you guys...is that a crime???:confused: Plus, there aren't many itineraries that don't go to some Mexican port... It doesn't break my heart to stay on the ship, but I can't believe that he is being so closed-minded...

Louie is the same way exactly, but he did the nachi cocom with the Looney's group because after research it is very safe, inclusive. Louie even has trouble with eating and drinking off the ship and he researched this also and he did eat and drink here also.

Archived