finding crew members

jesi6105

I just got back from my first cruise on the NCL Sky ship. Everyone on the crew was so nice, I met a lot of good people. But there is one guy whos last name I cannot remember. He is one of the crew mates I believe they called themselves and his first name is Gio. If anyone happens to know his last name, that would be great.

I just got back from my first cruise on the NCL Sky ship. Everyone on the crew was so nice, I met a lot of good people. But there is one guy whos last name I cannot remember. He is one of the crew mates I believe they called themselves and his first name is Gio. If anyone happens to know his last name, that would be great.

First off, welcome to Cruise Critic, a great place for information, ideas, and opinions, in many cases from some very experienced cruisers anxious to help fellow cruisers.

We've been on 10 cruises, and are considering an upcoming cruise on the Sky. Though I haven't spent too much time searching for information, what little I have did not result in finding the information I was hoping to find.

You certainly have a challenge on your hands, but here are some ideas:

1. Check out this discussion thread, though it is mainly for searching for information on Hotel Directors, Cruise Directors, Concierge staff, Captains, etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=386866&highlight=sky

At last check, over 90,000 reads have been recorded for this thread, and over 1,100 replies have been posted.

2. There is a search function for these boards, to the upper right on the bar above. For the heck of it, I searched the above thread with "Gio" and no one other than you has mentioned that name. I also searched the main NCL baord with the same results. Just keep it in mind and you can search for things like "Sky", or a person's position, or any other criteria which you may be looking for a discussion on. Sometimes people post their reviews on the board, and often mention crew members they met.

3. Roll Calls - If you haven't done so already, take a look at the Roll Call board for the NCL Sky. It's meant for anyone interested in discussing their cruise with fellow cruisers traveling on the same date. You should be able to locate your date and see if anyone else recalls meeting that individual.

Norwegian Roll Call Message Board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Look for the Sky, and then your date, then ask your question.

4. Cruise Reviews - At CruiseCritic.com you can find and even post yourself, reviews done for CC.com and those submitted by Members. The Member reviews often mention crew members, and are also filed by date so you can check to see if anyone has done a review for your particular cruise date.

5. Facebook - Try going to NCL's Facebook wall, and read through the posts. I did a Google search for "Gio NCL" and one of the links was Facebook and it mentioned an Assistant Cruise Director named Gio. I did not have time to go through all the posts on the wall, but did see a bunch referencing the Sky. If this sounds like him, you might be able to track him down through Facebook, or at least a crewmember on the Sky. I'm hoping to be on the 10/17/2011 cruise, so stay in touch and maybe I can help you.

Have fun with this site, there's so much info to find on ships, ports, activities, etc., you can wind up spending hours upon hours looking around, often at the expense of valuable sleep time.

If you have further questions, just ask. Hope to see your post count growing!!

Edited by Tomct

• 6 years later...

I want to find the bartenders name that was on the Norweigen sky . I just got back from a cruise . He was a funny nice young guy and was from i believe From somewhere by Greece and his name i think was Bobian or something like that . He was younger , wore glasses . I’d like to be able to find him on facebook

I want to find the bartenders name that was on the Norweigen sky . I just got back from a cruise . He was a funny nice young guy and was from i believe From somewhere by Greece and his name i think was Bobian or something like that . He was younger , wore glasses . I’d like to be able to find him on facebook

Hi,

You do realise this thread is about 7 years old :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:& your post maybe better suited to the upto date threads on the 'sky'.

Did you not ask him his surname ? or if he had a facebook ?

Go to next weeks " Norwegian Sky Roll Call " and ask for help from folk's that will be boarding the ship.;)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=358