VIP Luggage tag and Funpass question

DEBnGAB

I've got DD her and friend on my S&S account...I just finished up our Funpasses, etc. Should the luggage tags and Funpass for my DD and her friend also say VIP? I just took a look and they dont say VIP. No big deal but just want to make sure I dont have any issues bringing them through.

Thanks!

Edit: I am Platinum.

I've got DD her and friend on my S&S account...I just finished up our Funpasses, etc. Should the luggage tags and Funpass for my DD and her friend also say VIP? I just took a look and they dont say VIP. No big deal but just want to make sure I dont have any issues bringing them through.

Thanks!

You need to tell us why she would be VIP?

Thanks!

Edit: I am Platinum.

Is she in the same cabin with you?

Is she in your cabin ?

Is she in the same cabin with you?

She doesnt have to be...

VIP Check-In Program

Carnival’s VIP Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum guests, Carnival Vacation Club members and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges. Cruise tickets for Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe accommodations will read, "Please proceed to VIP Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “VIP Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer VIP Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if her tags/pass are supposed to say VIP to get her in with me. thanks!

She is on my S&S account..and I am platinum.

Yes... her docs should say VIP otherwise she will not be allowed to check in with you.

For the others who may be a bit confused about VIP check in procedures... from Carnival...

VIP Check-In Program

Carnival’s VIP Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum guests, Carnival Vacation Club members and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations (categories: CS ES GS SS VS OS JS OB) with special registration privileges. Cruise tickets for Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe accommodations will read, "Please proceed to VIP Check-In".

At the time of booking, you will need to instruct the travel agent or direct guest that the guest must ask for “VIP Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer VIP Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/vip_checkinprogram.htm

:)

It doesn't matter. If she is a minor, she will be able to check in with you. What the luggage tag says doesn't matter either. All bags are treated equally.

If she is a minor (under 18 not 21 in this case) then YES she would board VIP with you - just make sure you tell them when you get to the port!:)

Have a great trip!

If she is not in the same cabin it will not say VIP on their tags......it doesn't matter. When you get to check in let them know they are on your account..........minor or adult......

Thanks guys! I just wanted to check..I could have sworn I saw someone post where all the tags/passes said VIP, so wanted to make sure I didnt do something incorrect in the process. Thanks again.

Yes... her docs should say VIP otherwise she will not be allowed to check in with you.

For the others who may be a bit confused about VIP check in procedures... from Carnival...

Seems thats the issue....I checked the onboard accounts and they are all linked to my CCD w/charging authority but the tags/pass do not say VIP.

If she is a minor (under 18 not 21 in this case) then YES she would board VIP with you - just make sure you tell them when you get to the port!:)

Have a great trip!

She can be over 21 and on her account and she can still board with her.......

Seems thats the issue....I checked the onboard accounts and they are all linked to my CCD w/charging authority but the tags/pass do not say VIP.

I wouldn't worry about it. Worst case, the VIP check-in person would have to retieive their cards from the regular check in counter. That would take all of 30 seconds.

I can tell you from previous experience that the docs should say VIP. Contact Carnival or your TA to get the issue addressed...

I can tell you from previous experience that the docs should say VIP. Contact Carnival or your TA to get the issue addressed...

Mach we do this on every cruise we take......no VIP was on our friends docs.......nor was it on the luggage tags.......and their sail and sign cards are together with ours......As long as their account is set up on your credit card.....and it doesn't even say that on the link you posted......

We are in the same boat as you (no pun intended).

I paid for my brothers cabin and have them listed on our credit cad for S & S purposes but their docs don't say VIP either.

Host Mach says they won't be able to check in with us . :confused:

Bill

My PVP said she didnt think it would say VIP on the other cabins tags/pass but no problem having them go through VIP since they are on my CCD.

Thanks everyone for your help! I just didnt want to have them stopped at the security line and them not able to go in with me. Guess I can just explain that they are on my card.

My PVP said she didnt think it would say VIP on the other cabins tags/pass but no problem having them go through VIP since they are on my CCD.

Thanks everyone for your help! I just didnt want to have them stopped at the security line and them not able to go in with me. Guess I can just explain that they are on my card.

That's all you would have to do......

Archived