VIP Luggage tag and Funpass question

DEBnGAB

So if you put someone on your account and they board VIP with you - are you able to 'change' the credit card once onboard? :)....like just by visiting the purser's desk?

Yep, they can switch it at the pursers desk.

I've got DD her and friend on my S&S account...I just finished up our Funpasses, etc. Should the luggage tags and Funpass for my DD and her friend also say VIP? I just took a look and they dont say VIP. No big deal but just want to make sure I dont have any issues bringing them through.

Thanks!

Edit: I am Platinum.

Their tags may not say VIP, I thought they would, but, they can board the ship with you and disembark with you. No one in security is going to split up a family. You can always print up morre luggage tags, but then their bags would be delivered to your cabin.

When we were on the Dream last year, we had friends board with us and they weren't even on our s&s account.

She is on my S&S account...and a minor.

Your agent needs to do something on their end. (I have no idea what they need to do)

But as long as the cabin is tied to your credit card-- but make sure the agent does what they are supposed to.

Yes, they will need to have VIP on the funpass in order to go to the side of the VIP checkin- if its not on there the girls will need to go to the regular line as that is where their sign and sail cards will be

So if you put someone on your account and they board VIP with you - are you able to 'change' the credit card once onboard? :)....like just by visiting the purser's desk?

We were told-- the credit card will stay mine for the duration of the cruise so what we are doing is having everyone buy funship dollars and that is what they can use for spending

No - it doesn't need to be on your funpass - past few cruises I have boarded with my platinum VIP cruise buddy - he was platinum - I was not and different 'accounts'. No questions asked - we went to the VIP lounge where they were always kind enuf to go get my S&S card from the 'non-vip' area.

I am now platinum and cruising with a gf who is a newbie - planning to take her along with me - and would put her on my account if that makes it easier to board (and then do the switch at the purser's desk once onboard!)

Your agent needs to do something on their end. (I have no idea what they need to do)

But as long as the cabin is tied to your credit card-- but make sure the agent does what they are supposed to.

Yes, they will need to have VIP on the funpass in order to go to the side of the VIP checkin- if its not on there the girls will need to go to the regular line as that is where their sign and sail cards will be

All they need to do is tie their accounts together......unless this person is in the same cabin it will not say VIP on their docs....all they need to do is tell the person at VIP and they will wisk them thru.....

We were told-- the credit card will stay mine for the duration of the cruise so what we are doing is having everyone buy funship dollars and that is what they can use for spending

You were told wrong......you can change any account at any time at the customer relations desk....

Archived