precruise Florida stay...

marshabear

we have 3 days prior to our cruise in October...we would like to visit the West Coast of Fl as we have never really spent time there....

any ideas or suggestions???? we had thought about the Fort Myers/Naples area one night and Tampa/St Pete the next....returning to the Fort Lauderdale area the night before the cruise...

thanks in advance,

Marsha

Naples is very lovely, the Naples Grand is one of the best hotels in the area its a Waldorf collection hotel with much lower rates. In Naples you have great beaches, much different from south fla, Tin City for food and shopping. The town is quiet and good for some R&R. In Tampa you can go to Ybor city for great night life. Tampa has some animal sanctuaries and a great zoo, plus bush gardens if you want to do a 'park'. Drive from Naples to s fla is great, look for side attractions like 'Smallwoods Store' and ' Everglades city', true old Florida! Enjoy!

we have 3 days prior to our cruise in October...we would like to visit the West Coast of Fl as we have never really spent time there....

any ideas or suggestions???? we had thought about the Fort Myers/Naples area one night and Tampa/St Pete the next....returning to the Fort Lauderdale area the night before the cruise...

thanks in advance,

Marsha

I live in the Tampa area and would highly recommend the Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites on Treasure Island. It's directly on the beach and is pretty reasonable that time of year. You can get a AAA rate. It's a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo hotel. I've stayed there personally and loved it.

Well I live and work in Lee and Collier Counties (Cape Coral, Ft Myers, Naples, Sanibel, Marco Island) and we are in Tampa often as well.

You would want to start in Tampa and work down I would think. Channelside is very nice either the Embassy suites or the one across the street (slips my mind right now) both are great LOTS to do right at Channelside, retaurants , clubs, movies, aquarium and it is the Tampa port so you see the ships going in and out. The trolly is right there infront of the hotel and you can take it all the way down to ybor City and back (good comedy clubs down there and restaurants and bars as well.

So much to see all along the coast line all the way down to Ft Lauderdale. HMM but I suppose get a taste of either Sanibel/Captiva or Fort Myers Beach ( the Gullwing resort is absolutetly pefect on Ft Myers beach) , Naples has a variety of beach resorts as well but you will pay the price for those! Then down Alligator Alley to the Ft Lauderdale port.

There is so much beauty between Tampa and Naples it really would be difficult to decide! Hope you have a great trip and welcome to SW Florida, we love it here!:D

Archived