Help with bridesmaid dresses

aprill121

Hello ladies,

So has anyone noticed the new trend of bridesmaids wearing white? I am tossing around the idea of doing this. My dress is long, thiers would be knee length. So my question is do you think having the bridesmaids wear white takes off the bride? would you have a hard time distinguishing who the bride is? I am having a hard time choosing one color for the BM dresses, and I'm not really into the rainbow thing. But the idea of everyone wearing white is growing on me. Just looking for some outside input (because grooms are sooo helpful, lol). Thanks in advance ladies!

Personally, I'm not big on it. I can't seem to explain why. I just think with the bride in white, she pops more. I dunno. My MOH wore chocolate brown. I love that color with the bright island colors.

In the end its your day, pick what makes you happy!

I have seen some wonderful wedding pictures with the brides maids in white so it can work. I think it depends a lot on the fabrics and the beading/sequins on the brides dress so that it pops out form the white of the brides maids.

Personally, I prefer to have some color in the wedding so my color is blue.

I think it is personal choice. If you like it, the go for it.

I think it's a cool trend, I've seen the bride in white with the BMs in ivory, which is gorgeous when done right, especially if paired with green/white or bright flowers.

No one's going to get confused about who the bride is, it's your family and friends. LOL

Follow your gut!!

I don't think I personally would do it either, I loved "standing out" on my wedding day, it was my day, and the only time I get to be a bride so I don't think I would have done it, but that being said, I think it would be cool if your into it to maybe add a splash of color to the bridesmaid dresses if you chose white, like say a bright colored sash/belt or shoes/jewelry. That would be pretty cool....

Either way its your special day so do what ever you want! Its the only day thats all about you and what you like/want, go with your gut and I'm sure you'll be happy you did!:D

Your bridesmaids may not be happy if they have to wear white...for some it isn't a flattering "color", and others might think that there would be limited occasions to wear a white dress again.

Also a good point. I'm only a size 6 but unless the dress is cut exactly right, I feel like I look like a whale in white. Tried to find something white for my engagement photos but I thought everything I tried on made me look 20lbs heavier. Ultimately it's your wedding so you should do whatever you like but I would consult your bridesmaids first.

Its ultimately your choice. I am getting married next February on Carnival and I also work in the wedding business. Even though trends seem to be fun and exciting at the time I would stay away from them for your wedding. You don't want to look back in 20 years and think..."what was I thinking"

Plus its your day- you need to stand out. If you like the lighter colors go for a light champagne... Good luck!

I know you're not into the "rainbow" thing but I have seen some really nice print dresses from Alfred Angelo that come in multiple colors but it's all the same print. I almost went with that because they look like they all go well together and then bridesmaids can choose their own color and dress style.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=6fae86c2-a70d-4941-8a75-ad3112ba9438&categoryID=772f03c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=0&colorId1=

I don't mind the BM in white (or even a cream / ivory), The problems to come up tho with skin tones, some people do not look good in whites, washes out their face, makes them look heavier etc. If you are having different skin toned bridesmaids you may want to rethink the white or make sure the type of material works for all of them first.

as far as you standing out... doesn't matter what color the bridesmaids are in... even if it is the flashest red out there... the bride always stands out :)

If you are looking to pop out dark BM dresses work the best, black, navy, chocolate, deep purples...

No help, I know, it is all up to you in the end.

Archived