Sharing a cabin

hlb76

We are far from newbie cruisers but this Oct we have a new situtaion that I am not quite sure how to handle. We are a group of 8 traveling together in 3 cabins.

Cabin #1 - me and my hubby

Cabin #2 - our freinds

Cabin #3 - my kids, friends son and my son is bringing a friend

We have always cruised all 4 of us in one cabin so this will be a nice treat.

I am handling our bill and the S&S bill of 3 of the 4 in the kids cabin. So I will put that all on my Credit card. The other child will go on his parents. Is there a easy way to set this up? Do we do it at check in or call before? If my son's friend decides he wants to spend on board can we set up his S&s card to his credit card?

I have read once on board we can go to GS and get keys for each others rooms so I have no worries there.

My last question is we have some OBC on the 3rd cabin where does that credit go? It should go to me as I am paying for 1 & 2 guest -where the credit came from. The 3 & 4th have not had any price drops.

If there is anything I am missing let me know. I'm excited and nervous about this trip. We have never taken a friend on a trip like this. Nor have my kids ever had a room by themselves.

Thanks

We are far from newbie cruisers but this Oct we have a new situtaion that I am not quite sure how to handle. We are a group of 8 traveling together in 3 cabins.

Cabin #1 - me and my hubby

Cabin #2 - our freinds

Cabin #3 - my kids, friends son and my son is bringing a friend

We have always cruised all 4 of us in one cabin so this will be a nice treat.

I am handling our bill and the S&S bill of 3 of the 4 in the kids cabin. So I will put that all on my Credit card. The other child will go on his parents. Is there a easy way to set this up? Do we do it at check in or call before? If my son's friend decides he wants to spend on board can we set up his S&s card to his credit card?

I have read once on board we can go to GS and get keys for each others rooms so I have no worries there.

My last question is we have some OBC on the 3rd cabin where does that credit go? It should go to me as I am paying for 1 & 2 guest -where the credit came from. The 3 & 4th have not had any price drops.

If there is anything I am missing let me know. I'm excited and nervous about this trip. We have never taken a friend on a trip like this. Nor have my kids ever had a room by themselves.

Thanks

We have cruised with groups of friends, and the boys shared a cabin. Like you, two of the boys were ours, and each of the other two belonged to the other families.

First, when it came to final payment, our PVP actually figured out the boys' entire cabin payment and divided it by four. We paid 2/4 and the other two each paid 1/4. I should mention that we have an awesome PVP.

As far as S&S bill, that gets set up at embarkation. You and your friends will be able to set up the accounts as you wish. Our boys' bill went onto our credit card, and the bills of the other two boys went on their parents' credit cards.

Is the OBC something your family has earned for a particular reason or did the first and second passenger price go down? If the price went down hence the OBC, I think I would still split the cabin price and split the OBC. If the OBC is for CCL stocks, keep it for your family.

You are going to love having your own cabin!!

I paid the full 1st, 2nd and 3rd passenger price. Our friend (traveling with us) paid the cheaper rate. That' where I figured out the OBC from our ES price drops.

We looked at paying for 1/4 the cabin for each kid but that was out of the price range for my friends but they did chip in a little extra.

I did not want 5 in a cabin so we where doing 2 cabins no matter what. Since our kids are best friends and my oldest was bringing a friend we really wanted to be able to put all kids together.

sorry for my rambling guess there is no reason to justify why de have the cabins set up as we do.

In the past I received OBC with three in a cabin. The OBC went to the first two guests who are listed on the "ticket". When you set up your boarding "fun" pass accept for your boys and not friends' child. Also, when you can have your boys account set up with yours when you are entering the information in fun pass.

My boys are listed as passenger 1 and 2. My friends son pax 3. Then my son's friend is pax 4.

All the kids are under 21. I will have a note from his parents saying he can travel with us. They are also in a room right next door to us. Our PVP had no issues setting this up so I hope all goes smoothly.

Archived