Ginger Tablets?

boobear

Has anyone ever used Ginger Tables for motion sickness on the cruise? Did it work? I purchased some (500 mg) how many do you take and when? Do you have to start taking them prior to cruising? Would my 6 & 11 yr olds be ok taking them?

I know that's alot of questions, any advise would be helpful. I've also purchased Bonine, too!

I always take ginger... I love the stuff!! You can start by taking 1000MG the night before the cruise... I generally then take another 1000MG in the morning, and another dose an hour before we set sail... and if it appears to be a little rocky, I will take another dose that evening... then as needed throughout the cruise. Ginger is all natural and safe, so I would check with your Dr... but I see no reason why your children would not be able to take them... good luck and have fun!

GoinCruisin told me about the ginger tablets before our last cruise. It worked like a charm. We took two as soon as we got on the boat and then two that evening before dinner. Everyday, we took two with our breakfast and two before dinner. Worked so well. We did take our patches with us, but never had to use them.

Good luck!!

If you are taking any RX's, check with your pharmacist. I planned on using the Ginger until I found out that it affected the coumadin (blood thinner) that I take and I was advised not to even try it.

Archived