Has anyone taken the wave runners out to Stingrays

charhdof

We did this with Fatfish back in Aug 2010. We are an active family so the "pace" was exactly what we were looking for. If you are looking to "take control" of the experience this is a great way to do it. If you just want to relax and go along for the ride than the snorkeling boats are probably the way to go. Highly recommended and if we ever head back to the Cayman Islands we would do it again with this same outfit.

We too are going to book with Fatfish. Looks fun and unique. We did the string rays many years ago and my husband got sea sick on the large boat (did the ship tour) bobbing around.

How far is the drive out on the wave runners? How far of a ride to actually get to the wave runners? Also, do you remember what beach you had lunch on afterward?

Thanks!

Add me to the list of people looking for information on the wave runner tours to stingray city! I looked at Fatfish but also found another tour from Island Marketing offering wave runner tours to Stingray City and Rum Point, I like the stop at Rum Point much better than what Fatfish, which will take you through mangroves.

Any help please!

We went with Fatfish in October 2010 and it was great!

You get to see the stingrays with a group of 10-14 people instead of 30+ on the boats. I would never see the stingrays any other way after that.

They are an excellent company as well. Our ship was delayed in tendering due to rough seas so they started without us (the other ship was not delayed, go figure). They sent someone to pick us up and go to the jet skis and catch up with the rest of the group which meant we went FAST. After it was over, they took us back and left without us even paying. We had to call them to tell them to charge it to a card because they forgot to get cash from us (apparently everyone else paid before they got on the jet skis). That just showed me that they cared about us having a good time and were not worried about collecting their money.

I DEFINITELY reccomend going with them.

We booked the waverunners to Stingray City in January 2011. We booked through Shoretrips dot com. There was my DH and I and one other couple and two guides. We went out to SC, did the holding, kissing, back rub stuff, fed them, photographed them, and then went to a reef to snorkel. We had a great time.

Sewut

Add me to the list of people looking for information on the wave runner tours to stingray city! I looked at Fatfish but also found another tour from Island Marketing offering wave runner tours to Stingray City and Rum Point, I like the stop at Rum Point much better than what Fatfish, which will take you through mangroves.

Any help please!

We used Island Marketing for their wave-runner tour to Stingray city in June....great tour...after Stingray City the group had the option to snorkel or go to Rum Point...we went to Rum Point. E-mails were great....we choose the transportation option for just a few $'s more and all was great.....would and will most likely use Island Marketing again for this tour. BTW....the tour departs from a resort...you can stay if you like and use their pool and facilities.

We used Island Marketing for their wave-runner tour to Stingray city in June....great tour...after Stingray City the group had the option to snorkel or go to Rum Point...we went to Rum Point. E-mails were great....we choose the transportation option for just a few $'s more and all was great.....would and will most likely use Island Marketing again for this tour. BTW....the tour departs from a resort...you can stay if you like and use their pool and facilities.

Thanks for the review! I am thisclose to booking with them. I saw that the resort but was wondering where it's located. We want to do this tour and a quick trip up to Hell (my daughter insists) but will be willing to take a local bus there. Just wondering where the resort is located.

Also, did they pick you up at the port or did you have to find transportation to/from the resort?

Thanks for the review! I am thisclose to booking with them. I saw that the resort but was wondering where it's located. We want to do this tour and a quick trip up to Hell (my daughter insists) but will be willing to take a local bus there. Just wondering where the resort is located.

Also, did they pick you up at the port or did you have to find transportation to/from the resort?

The resort where you get the waver-runners is The Ramada Grand Caymanian Resort. I opted to use Island Marketing for the transport...think it was like an extra $5/each way...The transportation pick-up spot was an easy 5 minute walk from the dock....right near The Hard Rock Cafe.

I didn't realize that there was more than on company that did jet ski/stingray tour. I only knew of Fatfish but we too think that Rum Point would be better than riding through the mangroves.

I am confused though. It states on their website, "All reserved Guests have the option of relaxing at this wonderful property before, as well as following the Tour. " Is this property actually at Rum Point? is the property Ramada Grand Caymanian Resort? They don't state what property, which I found odd.

Also, if they drop you off at the end of the tour at Rum Point, do you have to get back on your own and if so, how much does a taxi from there cost.

Just confused about the location of Rum Point.

Also, does anyone have a phone number for Island Marketing? I couldn't find one on their website.

I didn't realize that there was more than on company that did jet ski/stingray tour. I only knew of Fatfish but we too think that Rum Point would be better than riding through the mangroves.

I am confused though. It states on their website, "All reserved Guests have the option of relaxing at this wonderful property before, as well as following the Tour. " Is this property actually at Rum Point? is the property Ramada Grand Caymanian Resort? They don't state what property, which I found odd.

Also, if they drop you off at the end of the tour at Rum Point, do you have to get back on your own and if so, how much does a taxi from there cost.

Just confused about the location of Rum Point.

Also, does anyone have a phone number for Island Marketing? I couldn't find one on their website.

I inquired about this excursion directly with Island Marketing and this is their response. I looked at the pictures and then the Pictures at Ramada Grand Caymanian Resort and they are the same, so yes, it looks like this excursion leaves from that Resort. No telephone number was provided:

The initial destination which will be an approximate 20 minutes blast is the World famous Stingray City Sandbar. The sandbar offers shallow waters, approximately 3ft in depth and our friendly and playful Southern Stingrays. You will be able to interact with these wonderful creatures in their own habitat while walking on pure soft tropical sand where you will pet, feed, as well a interact with Stingrays to your heart's content. If you are not comfortable entering the water or getting off your Wave Runner you can stay onboard and admire the stingrays from the Wave Runner.

Following the Stingray interaction the Tour will take you to hidden, secluded beaches in the Rum Point area of our Island in search for Star Fish (for pictures only) and beautiful Seashells found on the beach as well as the shallow waters on the sandy Point.

From the Beaches you will blast your way back to the Starting Point and end your Tour at the Resort where you are able to spend some time at the Pool, Restaurant and Bar. If you would like to make your way to 7 Mile Beach or back to the Port for shopping you may also do that immediately following the tour. Because all passengers differ in their liking transport is not provided in order to allow passengers "to do their own thing" and are not rushed back to the Port. A taxi will be called for you in order to take you to any destination you would like following the tour, or after your time relaxing at the Resort.

Transport from the Port to the Wave Runner Adventure is easily achieved by acquiring one of the many taxis found at the Port. Transport costs are approximately $10usd per passenger to the Start of the Excursion each way. We can also organize your transport from the Port for $5usd per passenger each way, no deposit necessary, payable to the van we will have waiting for you. You will find a choice of organized transport on the confirmation form.

Please note: Transport is organized from the Port 30 minutes prior to your tour reservation. If you would like to spend additional time at the Resort the organized transport back to the port is not guaranteed at a specific time and may not be available for the exception of immediately following the tour. If you would like a later return time to the port following the 2hr beach to beach tour you may have to acquire a taxi (one will be called for you) to return to the port, as our organized van may not be available for the exception of immediately following the tour.

A 20% Deposit is required in order to secure your reservation (fully refunded in case of inclement weather cancellations or Ships not calling Port, please refer to our Terms of Reservation by visiting our website. The balance is due at time of excursion in cash or traveler check only.

Please remember that prices quoted on reservation requests or as show on our website at time of reservation request are not guaranteed until a reservation deposit is submitted for the excursion. To make sure you receive the quoted price please reserve the excursion within 24hrs of reservation request.

Please feel free to e-mail us or to contact our Live Help Dept. by visiting our Website. You may contact one of our live Operators for reservations as well as answers to any further questions before your confirmed reservation. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you with directions as well as additional relevant reservation instructions following your reservation submittal. Please ensure to reserve ASAP in order to avoid disappointment due to un-availability.

The resort where you get the waver-runners is The Ramada Grand Caymanian Resort. I opted to use Island Marketing for the transport...think it was like an extra $5/each way...The transportation pick-up spot was an easy 5 minute walk from the dock....right near The Hard Rock Cafe.

Thanks for your input. We've booked this same excursion. I even emailed back yesterday to see if we could move our time up and they were fast to reply and send a revised email confirmation.

Do you know if the resort is on 7 mile beach? The reason is, we want to parasail after the tour and I think they have parasailing on 7 mile beach only?

Also, what transportation do we pay for, to and from 7 mile beach (the resort?)

I used the online chat this morning at Island Marketing to speak to someone about this excursion.

The $5 pp per way transportation is for pick-up 1/2 hour before your scheduled seadoo excursion from the port. For another $5, they will also transport you back to the port (or 7 Mile Beach) immediately after your excursion, or you can lounge around and enjoy their resort and pool and return to the port at your own expense (via taxi). If you want to use their $5 transport, you'll need to book that when you book the excursion, no money up front, pay the driver cash. But you need to book this when you sign up for the excursion.

I googled mapped the resort and found that it is on the other side of the "penninsula", directly opposite 7 Mile Beach, she did say that they were 2 miles from 7 Mile Beach. This makes sense, since Stingray city is in the mouth of the bay area over by Rum Point, so we are not driving the wave runners up and over the penninsula, just across the bay to Stingray City, then over to Rum Point and back.

We are going to sign up for the $5pp transportation (seems very reasonable) and on the way back ask the driver to drop us off at one of the 7 Mile Beaches, before we head back to the port.

Personally, I think it's a pretty good deal. $95 may be expensive, but it's a 2 hour tour on Seadoos. I was in Clearwater Beach over the weekend and they wanted $60 for a 1/2 hour rental just to zip around in circles very close to shore.

I think you found your answers already...let me know if you have any other questions...I thought the tour was very reasonable. My 13yr old DD and I rode on one wave-runner...think it was $150 for the both of us....and I know we were out longer than 2 hrs..... some waver-runners were newer than others.....we had probably one of the newest ones....but all were in pretty good shape and pretty late model. I thought the $5 transport was a bargain....if you do want to hang at the resort afterwards then using their transport wouldn't work.

Thanks for all of this info. I do think the price is reasonable. I just couldn't understand the process. I too did the online chat with them today and still didn't fully understand it. They were very secretive about the resort they use and I didn't know where it was located in relationship to 7 mile beach. Thanks for Googling it!

So basically, if you do want to take advantage of the resort, you need transporation back, which would be more than $5 I am assuming. We want to parasail so we may have to jsut go right back to 7 mile beach.

Thanks.

Thanks for all of this info. I do think the price is reasonable. I just couldn't understand the process. I too did the online chat with them today and still didn't fully understand it. They were very secretive about the resort they use and I didn't know where it was located in relationship to 7 mile beach. Thanks for Googling it!

So basically, if you do want to take advantage of the resort, you need transporation back, which would be more than $5 I am assuming. We want to parasail so we may have to jsut go right back to 7 mile beach.

Thanks.

I believe that they suggest transportation from the pier on your own to be about $10/pp....so the $5/pp if you use their transport is about half......nothing comes cheap in Grand Cayman..... remember our currency is against us in GC. I used their transport and it worked out great....we had a mini-van that picked us all up at a designated spot and brought us all right back to the pier......we weren't interested in staying at the resort although we did have enough time for a quick dip in the pool.

Thanks for your review. I have a few questions, we have kids, do you think its a good tour for kids? Was the water calm or rough? I've never riden a wave runner, are they difficult to operate? Sorry for all the questions but the tour sounds like a good fit for the family I just wnat to be sure its not to much for our kids:)

I just received my reservation confirmation from Island Marketing! So excited!! Here are the instructions for pickup that we will pay $5pp for:

----

Meeting Location/Transport Information:

The pre-arranged Transportation is provided by the Stingray City Wave Runners Adventure from the Church located next to the Blue Iguana Outlet Store located in George Town on the waterfront. Please Note: The Blue Iguana Outlet is not providing the transport, it is only the meeting area for the pickup.

The Blue Iguana Souvenir Outlet is a 2 minute walk from the South Cruise Ship Terminal or a 4 minute walk from the North Cruise Ship Terminal and a 5 minute walk from the Royal Watler Terminal. The Blue Iguana Outlet is LOCATED 1 SHOP SOUTH OF THE HARD ROCK CAFE. You will be able to see the shops sign as your tender approaches shore, on the right side of the Tender.

Tips: Please bring your bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, a change of clothes and disposable underwater camera.

Thanks for your review. I have a few questions, we have kids, do you think its a good tour for kids? Was the water calm or rough? I've never riden a wave runner, are they difficult to operate? Sorry for all the questions but the tour sounds like a good fit for the family I just wnat to be sure its not to much for our kids:)

I have a 13yr old daughter and she loved it. As far as water conditions....that can vary greatly....one thing I definitely suggest....bring a pair of swim goggles with you to keep the salt water out of your eyes;)we were the only ones that brought them and everyone else was defiantly wishing they had them.

Archived