Tampa Port ?

purplemusik

A family member called me today and decided to tell me to be careful driving to the Tampa port - to make sure we don't follow mapquest or google maps and don't follow the I-4 signs to Port of Tampa because it will bring us to the cargo port- not the cruise port. We sail out Monday and I thought my mapquest directions would be just fine [ we live 2 hours away ]. Just wondering if if anyone has any idea what this family member is talking about so I'm not running around in circles- looking for my boat on Monday :o

A family member called me today and decided to tell me to be careful driving to the Tampa port - to make sure we don't follow mapquest or google maps and don't follow the I-4 signs to Port of Tampa because it will bring us to the cargo port- not the cruise port. We sail out Monday and I thought my mapquest directions would be just fine [ we live 2 hours away ]. Just wondering if if anyone has any idea what this family member is talking about so I'm not running around in circles- looking for my boat on Monday :o

Follow the signs to the Aquarium

If you are coming in off I-4 it looks like there is an exit right where the I-4 meets up with I-275. (not sure of the name of the exit).

This exit will take you along the I-275 and then go under I-275 and drops you off on N. Jefferson Street. If you follow N. Jefferson all the way to Channel Side Drive and make a left, you will hit the port no problem.

The Seaport Street Terminal

651 Channelside Drive

Terminal #2

Tampa, Florida 33602

The Seaport Street Terminal is located in an area referred to as the Garrison Seaport Center and is adjacent to the Florida Aquarium.

Travel Time:

15 miles from the Tampa International Airport; travel time is approximately 20 minutes.

Directions to the Port:

Traveling from the North

I-75 south to I-4 west -OR- I-275 south to I-4 east.

Take Exit 1 - sign will read: Port of Tampa/Ybor City.

Take 21st Street south.

Turn right on East Adamo Drive/Highway 60.

East Adamo Drive/Highway 60 will turn into Channelside Drive/13th Street.

Bear to the left and follow signs for the Florida Aquarium/Seaport Terminal.

After dropping off your luggage at the terminal, the entrance to the parking garage will be on your left.

Traveling from the South -

I-75 North

Take Crosstown Expressway west (toward Tampa).

Take 22nd Street north exit - sign will read: Port of Tampa/Ybor City.

Take 22nd Street north.

Turn left on East Adamo Drive/Highway 60.

Bear to the left and follow signs for the Florida Aquarium/Seaport Terminal

After dropping off your luggage at the terminal, the entrance to the parking garage will be on your left.

Traveling from the East

I-4 west.

Take 21st Street south.

Traveling from the West - Tampa International Airport -

I-275 North (stay in right lane).

Take I-4 East.

Take 21st Street south.

If your family member had put in the address from the Carnival website, Mapquest, google maps or any GPS would put them right at the correct Terminal....

Put in the correct address, already given, and you will be fine.

What did they enter on mapquest, Tampa Port?

Bill

When you get off I-4 the Port of Tampa signs will lead you to a cargo port. Like someone else said, follow signs to the aquarium and you will be fine.

Just continue on I-4 just a little ways past the Adomo Exit and you will see a split for I-275, vear to the Tampa side and go about 1/4 mi and take the Ashley St. Exit. This will take you through a nice downtown section, mainly hotels and such, directly to the port of Tampa Cruise ship area. It is well marked and a direct route, you can't get lost, it's almost a straight shot. Good luck to you and have a great cruise. :)

Archived