How is the entertainment on the Glory and Miracle?

meanmom08

I'm trying to choose a last minute cruise for late Sept and am debating between the Glory, Miracle, NCL's Gem, or HAL's Veendam. I was on the Pride in June and loved it, although there were a couple of negatives. My only real disappointment was in the entertainment. There simply wasn't much. The shows in the theater were pretty lame. The comedy would have been excellent except that it was held in a "comedy club" and it was standing room only. There was music on the lido deck, at times, but it was always so crowded you couldn't get a chair. There was little dancing in the clubs. There was a fellow in the piano bar that was good, but the piano bar was located in the back of the ship and was sparcely attended. I passed on the hairy chest contest.

I cruised on the NCL Gem 4 years ago and also had a great time, but there were differences when compared to the Pride. Gem's food was not as good as as on the Pride, but the entertainment was much better. The comedy was fabulous and the shows were held in the main theater, so there was plenty of room for everyone. There was a good show every night. There were also various games and activities that were moderately well attended in the main disco. There was also a good crowd in the disco at night and an absolutely fabulous pianist in the atrium. In short, there just seemed to be a lot more going on and more to do.

So, my question is, should I expect the same "minimalist" entertainment on the Glory and the Miracle? Does anyone know anything about entertainment on the Veendam?

Been on both ships

The comedians on both ships were wonderful, but the location was different. The Glory's Punchliner Comedy Club is in the Ebony Cabaret on deck 5 aft. The Miracle's is in the Mad Hatter's Ball on deck 1 forward. The Miracle felt like it had much more room, the stage was much bigger, and while we had no trouble getting a seat in either ship, it felt much roomier on the Miracle. Both main lounges, the Amber Palace on the Glory and the Phantom Theatre on the Miracle, felt similar to me, besides the decor. The shows were spectacular on both, the illusionist on the Glory was great, and the magician on the Miracle was hilarious. As far as the production shows, I think we watched more on the Miracle, but they were both worth it to see. The Carnival Legends was okay the first time on the Glory, but the Miracle had the exact same show, albeit with different guests, so it was not as interesting the second time.

On both ships it felt like there was always something to do, and frequently we had to pick and choose which shows/activities we wanted over the other.

Having only ever sailed the Miracle, I can say we enjoyed all the shows, with Marcus Monroe-Rockstar Juggler being our favorite. Also, I'd much prefer the itinerary on the Miracle vs Glory. I like destinations that allow me to feel vacation'y (palm trees, aqua waters, seashells).. and not like I'm on a class trip. But.. again just my opinion so put down your torches and pitchforks people! :p

Archived