balcony vs mini suite question star princess

ckr31

we have been on three Princess cruises,and we always have had a mini suite.On our upcoming 16day cruise we booked a balcony because of price($300 more person) and location.Do you think we will be comfortable in the balcony or should we spend the extra cash for the mini

Just remember, a balcony stateroom is more or less just a bedroom, with no actual sitting area. The balcony cabin usually has one semi comfortable chair and a desk chair, and that is it without sitting on the bed. The decision can only be yours if it is worth it to upgrade to a mini suite. For us, a balcony stateroom is just too small and we don't enjoy the time we spend in there, no matter how small that time may be. Plus, that tiny shower only is not to our liking either.

From your figures, that is $18 per day more per person (on a 16 day cruise) for a mini suite. For all the extra space and comfort, personally, there would be no thinking about it in my book, I would upgrade.

As said, the balcony cabin is just a standard oceanview cabin with a balcony. The size of the balcony and whether it's covered or half-covered/half-uncovered depends on the deck. Caribe deck BA and BB cabins have large balconies with two half-loungers; other balconies are small with enough room for two chairs and a small table.

It's up to you to decide whether the additional cabin space is worth the extra money. If it were me, for a 16-day cruise, I'd like the extra space. But, everyone's different.

I don't know how old you are,we are seniors and bending ourselfs into a "pretzel" while taking a shower is not working for us anymore. The showers in the balcony rooms are just terible unless you are a very small person. The mini suit bathrooms are one of the main reason we love that kind of state room and it is nice to be able to relax on the loveseat. I also like to have a cabin breakfast on port days which is no problem in a mini suit since it has a good sized coffee table in front of its little couch. Whatever you chose, enjoy your cruise:)

I don't know how old you are,we are seniors and bending ourselfs into a "pretzel" while taking a shower is not working for us anymore. The showers in the balcony rooms are just terible unless you are a very small person. The mini suit bathrooms are one of the main reason we love that kind of state room and it is nice to be able to relax on the loveseat. I also like to have a cabin breakfast on port days which is no problem in a mini suit since it has a good sized coffee table in front of its little couch. Whatever you chose, enjoy your cruise:)

I forgot to tell you that the mini suits have upgraded mattresses and Towels and toilettries

Archived