Orient vs Dawn Beach

jnncooke

Hi! My husband and I are going on a cruise in December and we are trying to decide which beach to go to in St. Martin. This will be our anniversary trip and first trip w/o kids since our oldest was born. I was actually leaning a little more towards Dawn Beach because I would love to be able to snorkel some and I've read the snorkeling is great there. Does anyone know if you can rent snorkel equipment there? Also we were wanting a place on the beach to eat and have drinks. I've read somewhere that the restaurant there has closed. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

Hi! My husband and I are going on a cruise in December and we are trying to decide which beach to go to in St. Martin. This will be our anniversary trip and first trip w/o kids since our oldest was born. I was actually leaning a little more towards Dawn Beach because I would love to be able to snorkel some and I've read the snorkeling is great there. Does anyone know if you can rent snorkel equipment there? Also we were wanting a place on the beach to eat and have drinks. I've read somewhere that the restaurant there has closed. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

The last 2 times that I was at Dawn Beach it was too rough to snorkel safely by the rocks where the best snorkeling is said to be. The only great snorkeling that I have done on the island has been at Creole Rock in Grand Case.

Good to know. I'm not familiar with Creole Rock. Is this somewhere we can grab a taxi to or is it an excursion, etc?

Creole Rock watersports at Grand Case Beach Resort in Grand Case has snorkel trips out to Creole Rock or you could see about renting a kayak and doing it yourself but there is a lot of boat and jetski traffic so I myself would go with Sebastian. I went in the summer of 2010 and he only takes 5 people at a time and he is very conscientious and knows the area very well and provides an excellent tour. The website is: http://www.snorkel-trips-sxm.com/

Archived