Drinks package on the Independence of the Seas

Magui

Hi all we are going to travel for the first time with RCI to Spain and the Canary Islands in February 2012. Can anyone advise on the drinks package, we know they offer three packages, we are interested in the ones costing $39 and $49 per day, we both like good wine and cocktails. I'm undecided whether to go all out for the dearer one or does anyone know if the $39 package would suffice. Also has anyone sailed in the Canaries during Feb/March and is the weather generally okay.

Many thanks in anticipation of responses

Marie

Hi Marie

We have just returned from a med cruise on the independence and I had the $39 dollar /day wine and beer package and my wife had the $49 dollar / day classic package which includes spirits.

We found this to be ideal as we went with another family and it meant we werent having to worry about whose turn it was to buy the drinks etc.

The $39 package was great for me as I dont drink spirits but like a glass of wine with my meal and as my wife likes cocktails, the $49 package was great for her.

Both packages worked out good value but by the end of the holiday we werent drinking as much as at the beginning (I think you would need about 7 beers a day to make the $39 package break even).

It is also worthwhile to know that one of you could have an alcohol package and the other could have a soda package.

In terms of the weather, we did the cruise you are going on at the beginning of April and the weather was mixed, the first couple of days and the last day were quite cold but when we were in Madeira, Lisbon and the Canaries it was quite nice.

Hope this helps

Regards - Dil

Thanks Dil, that's very helpful, also good to hear about the weather, if its mixed I can cope with that, I just didn't want it to be cold all the time. In terms of the ship have you been on any other lines, we have been on Princess and Celebrity so I'm just wondering how it compares.

Hi Marie

Just got off the Indy on Saturday,We were sailing as a group of 14 so purchased a drinks package as we were the only 2 who could use the diamond/concierge lounges. Found it really good for myself but my wife didn't get value for money as she doesn't drink very much (we both had to purchase a package under the rules one person can't have a soda package). I had the classic package at $49pd and my wife had a wine and beer at $39pd. The classic package afforded me every cocktail that I asked for including Kir Royales and vodka & red bull which are $10. Very good value for money if you like a drink.

• 3 weeks later...

hi reading about wine packages, if you buy a package does that mean you can drink unlimited amounts per day,we could between us drink 2 bottles in the evening, which working out the $-£ rate is about £13 per bottle can you drink more than this cheers, this is our 1st cruise and we have not a fortune to spend on drinks thanks

Archived