Seriously, no sofa or chair in an interior on the Magic??

Eventide331

Just booked an interior on the Magic and then read that there are no sofas in the room. Geez! I booked a deluxe ocean view for my in-laws and I sure hope they have a sofa! They are supposed to have a junior tub...whatever that is. I am pretty disappointed if this is the case:(

I'm not aware of any inside cabins on the Magic that have a sofa and chair. The only 'exceptions' to that are 1As on the lower decks in the bow, PTs and a few of the 4J cabins.

According to the information for all of the other inside cabins on the Carnival Magic that I've looked at they have a table and chair... no sofa but a table and chair.

Here's a typical inside on the Main Deck...

2229 4B 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: no window

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table

:)

I don't think any true interiors on any of Carnival's ships have a sofa. The exceptions are the "interiors" that are actually on the outside of the ship with a view, such as what Mach mentioned. You can upgrade to an oceanview or one of the 4Js that have a sofa. Your in-laws should have a sofa in the deluxe OV. Their room has a 2nd half-bath with a sink & junior tub:

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3022.jpg

This is one of those types of rooms that actually sleeps 5. If the one you've booked sleeps just 2, imagine that the upper bunks aren't there, and the beds can be pushed together:

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.jpg

I don't think any true interiors on any of Carnival's ships have a sofa. The exceptions are the "interiors" that are actually on the outside of the ship with a view, such as what Mach mentioned. You can upgrade to an oceanview or one of the 4Js that have a sofa. Your in-laws should have a sofa in the deluxe OV. Their room has a 2nd half-bath with a sink & junior tub:

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3022.jpg

This is one of those types of rooms that actually sleeps 5. If the one you've booked sleeps just 2, imagine that the upper bunks aren't there, and the beds can be pushed together:

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.jpg

Can someone help me find one of these types on the Liberty? Or let me know what ships have this category?

Thanks for posting your photos. Always wanted to see what a room looked like that slept five.

Those photos are for the Dream class quints. The older ships, Fantasy class & Triumph/Destiny class, are allowed to add rollaways for a 5th person into some of the quads. The rooms are still quads, but they can sleep 5. Dream class is the only ships with true quints. This is an OV quad on Fantasy class. A rollaway would be below the upper bunk on the left. very tight fit. A Triumph/Desinty OV would be a bigger room, and would use a sofa bed and 1 upper instead of 2 uppers.

FantasyHolidayclass2uppers.jpg

Archived