Best snorkeling???

aporter47

We will be in Grand Cayman April 12. I just found out that we will the sixth of six ships in port that day with all of the other ships arriving at 7:00, ours at 10. We are not doing a ship excursion but are interested in going to the beach to snorkel...any ideas?? Any places that we need to see on our first trip to GC?? We have our own snorkel gear and will be open to go to any beach. (Wanted to avoid Eden rock because I heard it was pretty crowded.) Can anyone direct us in the right direction? We wanted to do it as cheaply as possible due to paying for other excursions at other ports. We also have limited time there 10 to 5:30.

My personal preference for shore snorkeling is Smith Cove, just a few miles south of the port. We have been there when there were quite a few ships in port and were all alone. Try a search for Smith Cove and you will find pictures and more info. We had a taxi drop us off and scheduled a pick up 3 hours later, it worked out well. The beach is small but there is easy access and snorkeling is very good along the rock formations in the Cove. Excellent for young and older as the water is very calm as well. Rick

Archived