Tendering w/Carnival in GC

Licoriceky2

Hi all,

We will be traveling to Grand Caymen in a few weeks with my 84 year old grandmother on the Carnival Legend. The port she wants to explore is Grand Cayman and I have learned that they have a tender process.

My grandmother walks OK with the assistance of a cane or walker however she easily looses her balance and has next to no ability to balance without a cane and/or walker. With this in mind, I am concerned about her ability to navigate a tender process. Can anyone advise if there are steep ramps, stairs, excessive movement etc or relay any prior experience?

I thank you for your time and assistance!

Jamie

Unless the seas are unusually rough, boarding and unboarding the tender boat is not much more difficult than using the gangway at a pier. There will be crew there helping people on and off. You should plan to accompany her on the tenders getting to and from a seat on the first level. If the seas are high, you might think twice about taking her off the ship. The ship's anchor position for tendering is usually on the leaward side of the island, so high seas are abnormal.

Archived