scheduled and actual port time

Pluto_fan

Hello All!

I'm trying to plan my time in port for our upcoming eastern Med cruise. If the schedule says that, for example, we will be in Izmir from 0900 to 1600, at what time can I expect to actually get off the ship, and at what time will I need to be back on board? I know the daily program will tell me the "all aboard" time, but I'd like to plan ahead on what to expect. Thanks! :)

If the ship pulls up to the dock exactly on time, it will take anywhere from 30 to even as much as 60 minutes to get set up, the gangplanks installed, and above all, for the local immigration and security police to check the passenger manifest/passports and give the okay for disembarkation. The all aboard time is always 30 minutes before sailing time. Besides being stated in the daily program, there will be signs at the ship's exit giving the all aboard times for the crew and passengers.

Even given the above information which is all correct - I didnt know this when arranging my port excursions myself and booked them for our arrival time. We always managed to get off within a reasonable time of the stated time. I'd say 15 - 20 minutes most ports - we were waiting at the exits :).

Archived