Which to choose?

QueenMab

I'm looking at choosing an excursion through Carnival while in St. Maarten, but I'm not sure which the better option is, as they're both so different. I'm looking at either the Butterfly Farm or the America's Cup Regatta. Any suggestions on how to choose between them? Does the butterfly farm sound more interesting than it actually is? I'm open to either ideas aside from these as well, if you have something better.

I'm looking at choosing an excursion through Carnival while in St. Maarten, but I'm not sure which the better option is, as they're both so different. I'm looking at either the Butterfly Farm or the America's Cup Regatta. Any suggestions on how to choose between them? Does the butterfly farm sound more interesting than it actually is? I'm open to either ideas aside from these as well, if you have something better.

Wow, I would think that these two excursions are about as different as two excursions could possibly be.

In reality though you could easily do both of them.

Take the America's Cup Regatta in the morning and then take a taxi to the Butterfly farm in the afternoon.

I have not participated in the America's Cup excursion yet but the Butterfly Farm is a nice, relaxing, educational way to spend an hour or so on the island. They have tours and you learn about the life and lifespan of butterflies and moths, and you can also see them leaving the crysallis and starting life. It was pretty much what I expected and DH and I enjoyed ourselves mostly because he loves to take pictures and this was a new place for him to do this on the island. It is a wonderful place to take children and the kids that were there when we were really seemed to get a lot out of this place.

Yes, they're so different and that's what makes it so hard to choose. :(

If we can do both that would be perfect for me. One thing I can't seem to find out is how much it costs for the butterfly farm. I tried the website but there was nothing about rates. Do you happen to know?

Yes, they're so different and that's what makes it so hard to choose. :(

If we can do both that would be perfect for me. One thing I can't seem to find out is how much it costs for the butterfly farm. I tried the website but there was nothing about rates. Do you happen to know?

I think that it was about $14.00 for an adult.

Archived