Princess ends lunch in MDR on port days, another point for Celebrity

Dena

DH and I were ready to try Celebrity after not being able to enjoy our mini suite balcony on the Sapphire Princess. We followed the advice on these boards to book the forward-most cabin, but smoke still wafted over from our more aft neighbors and it came into the room at night through the ventilation. Then Princess changed their smoking policy so we were happy because Celebrity has nothing comparable to a Princess mini suite (of course, Celebrity regular balconies look better than Princess').

Now Princess is ending table service lunch in the MDR on port days. This is important to us because Princess states in writing that DH is not to eat at the buffet because he has celiac disease. When we go to the Caribbean, we don't leave the ship. The ship and the weather are the reasons we sail that itinerary. Celebrity also closes the MDR on port days, but table service is still available at Bistro on 5 where gluten free crepes can be found. And someone recently posted that Celebrity has gluten free bread and pasta at its buffet, Princess does not. I also believe the room service lunch is better than Princess. And we can get hot room service breakfast. So the only real plus for Princess anymore is the bathtub in the mini suite. Is that enough? I will try to find out this winter.

DH and I were ready to try Celebrity after not being able to enjoy our mini suite balcony on the Sapphire Princess. We followed the advice on these boards to book the forward-most cabin, but smoke still wafted over from our more aft neighbors and it came into the room at night through the ventilation. Then Princess changed their smoking policy so we were happy because Celebrity has nothing comparable to a Princess mini suite (of course, Celebrity regular balconies look better than Princess').

Now Princess is ending table service lunch in the MDR on port days. This is important to us because Princess states in writing that DH is not to eat at the buffet because he has celiac disease. When we go to the Caribbean, we don't leave the ship. The ship and the weather are the reasons we sail that itinerary. Celebrity also closes the MDR on port days, but table service is still available at Bistro on 5 where gluten free crepes can be found. And someone recently posted that Celebrity has gluten free bread and pasta at its buffet, Princess does not. I also believe the room service lunch is better than Princess. And we can get hot room service breakfast. So the only real plus for Princess anymore is the bathtub in the mini suite. Is that enough? I will try to find out this winter.

Was just on Caribbean Princess -- August '11 -- lunch was served in the dining room on port days -- as of when is this taking place? Vicki

...This is important to us because Princess states in writing that DH is not to eat at the buffet because he has celiac disease. When we go to the Caribbean, we don't leave the ship. The ship and the weather are the reasons we sail that itinerary. Celebrity also closes the MDR on port days, but table service is still available at Bistro on 5 where gluten free crepes can be found. And someone recently posted that Celebrity has gluten free bread and pasta at its buffet...

There was some interesting points about gluten free food availability and preparation on another thread this morning even though it wasn't the main topic of the thread it included a lot of good suggestions: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=30582256

Archived