Parking at Long Beach Port

EmmaPeel

Does anyone know the cost of parking at the Port in Long Beach while you are on your cruise? Thanks!

From Carnival website.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals__Parking__Directions__LONG_BEACH_CRUISE_TERMINAL.aspx

How Do I Get to the Long Beach Cruise Terminal?

spacer.gifADDRESS: 231 Windsor Way

Long Beach, CA 90802

Travel Time: 23 miles from Los Angeles International Airport; travel time is approximately 50 minutes.

DIRECTIONS TO THE PORT:

Traveling from the Los Angeles area (north) -

• Take the 405 Freeway south.
  • Take the 710 Freeway south.
  • Continue on the 710 Freeway south and follow the signs for the Queen Mary.
  • At the entrance to the Queen Mary, stay to the far right of the parking ticket taker for the Queen Mary; this lane is the entrance to the Carnival Cruise terminal.
  • Follow the signs for Passenger Parking and Luggage Drop-Off area.

Traveling from the San Diego area (south)

• Take I-5 north.
  • Take the 405 Freeway north.
  • Take the 710 Freeway south.
  • Continue on the 710 Freeway south and follow the signs for the Queen Mary.
  • At the entrance to the Queen Mary, stay to the far right of the parking ticket taker for the Queen Mary; this lane is the entrance to the Carnival Cruise terminal.
  • Follow the signs for Passenger Parking and Luggage Drop-Off area.

PARKING: $12 per day (rates subject to change by Port Authority)

• 5-Story, 1450 space parking garage
  • Full payment due upon exiting the parking garage.
  • Accepted forms of payment: U.S. Dollars; major credit cards.
  • No advance reservations required.
  • Oversized vehicles will be charged per parking space.

Thanks for the info. I know the rate is listed on the Carnival website, but I was wondering if anyone knew if that was the actual rate being charged right now. Plus, when I looked it up via the website the other day, the info. I found said it was $10 per day, but the info. you found says $12. Go figure.

Funny story. Last October, we sailed on the Carnival Pride. Since we live in Phoenix, it's really easier to drive to Long Beach than to fly.

Because Customs took an extra 2 1/2 hours to clear the ship, it made our parking 7 days, plus 1 1/2 hours - which incurred another $12 charge. When I pointed this out to the cashier at the exit, she agreed to remove the extra day charge so our total would be $84, just as expected. I paid with my debit card and we were on our merry little way.

Two days later, I was at Target and my debit card was declined! WHAT!?! I keep enough in my checking account to cover my expenses, but never more. I called the bank and found out that a bunch of checks were about to bounce.

After a little research, I found out that the Long Beach Port Authority had inadvertently charged me $840.00!!! When the cashier refunded my money, she had to enter the chages manually and typed in zeros a little too fast. Why didn't I look at the receipt at the parking garage? Because by the time the cashier had agreed to make the adjustments, we were in a hurry to leave. Who would know? I park at the airport all the time and have never had this happen.

After about a week, all was well. Come to find out that the garage is owned by the Port Authority but is operated by Carnival. The local Carnival manager finally took care of the difference and Carnival customer relations told me they would do something nice for me on my next cruise. They were good for their word. We booked the Pride again for the 4/17/05 sailing and I just received a letter that said we would have a fruit basket and photo coupons as a bon-voyage gift to make up for the parking mishap.

One word of warning about the parking garage: Don't park under any pipes. We did and when we got back a week later, the car was covered with hard water deposits from a leak. I had to have the car polished to get rid of it. Be careful!

Funny story. Last October, we sailed on the Carnival Pride. Since we live in Phoenix, it's really easier to drive to Long Beach than to fly.

Because Customs took an extra 2 1/2 hours to clear the ship, it made our parking 7 days, plus 1 1/2 hours - which incurred another $12 charge. When I pointed this out to the cashier at the exit, she agreed to remove the extra day charge so our total would be $84, just as expected. I paid with my debit card and we were on our merry little way.

Two days later, I was at Target and my debit card was declined! WHAT!?! I keep enough in my checking account to cover my expenses, but never more. I called the bank and found out that a bunch of checks were about to bounce.

After a little research, I found out that the Long Beach Port Authority had inadvertently charged me $840.00!!! When the cashier refunded my money, she had to enter the chages manually and typed in zeros a little too fast. Why didn't I look at the receipt at the parking garage? Because by the time the cashier had agreed to make the adjustments, we were in a hurry to leave. Who would know? I park at the airport all the time and have never had this happen.

After about a week, all was well. Come to find out that the garage is owned by the Port Authority but is operated by Carnival. The local Carnival manager finally took care of the difference and Carnival customer relations told me they would do something nice for me on my next cruise. They were good for their word. We booked the Pride again for the 4/17/05 sailing and I just received a letter that said we would have a fruit basket and photo coupons as a bon-voyage gift to make up for the parking mishap.

One word of warning about the parking garage: Don't park under any pipes. We did and when we got back a week later, the car was covered with hard water deposits from a leak. I had to have the car polished to get rid of it. Be careful!

we are on the 4/17 sailing as well! cant wait to leave. woo hoo!

Archived