Minimum age to use Celebrity fitness centers?

gyanhumara

Does anyone recall the minimum age policy for teens being able to use the X fitness centers? In 2002 our son just missed out because teens had to be at least 16 by the sail date, and he turned 16 on board that year. I looked for the info on their FAQs, but all they have posted these days is the Spa age restriction. Our daughter is a high-school track athlete and would like to keep up with workouts while aboard. I don't recall any age restrictions for using the jogging track; any specific info about that -- including the length of the loop, if anyone knows it! -- will be most appreciated, too.

As I recall the minimum age is 16 to use the fitness facility. However, on our last cruise our son was 1 and 1/2 months shy of 16 and he was able to use the facility. No one asked his age. I accompanied him, but no one questioned whether he was old enough.

Anyone can use the jogging track who is on board, including toddlers crawling and people in wheel chairs. It is just a path around deck 11 and not limited to joggers.

Do note that about 1/3 of this path is through the area on deck 11 that overlooks the pool and is lined by deck chairs on both sides. This part of the path is frequently full of foot traffic, waiters carrying trays of drinks, people with their chairs pulled across the aisles and other roadblocks (or is that trackblocks?) during popular pool hours. While this is only a slight issue I can deal with during long afternoon walks, it could be a real issue if someone is trying to do serious jogging.

The other 2/3 of the track isn't as crowded and there is usually room there to go around people. Also, if one goes very early in the morning or in the evening it will be pretty clear for jogging the entire path. Also, if one is doing the track in the morning they'll have the added entertainment of watching the chair hogs coming out to mark their chairs - they start right around sunrise.

The track is 1/5 of a mile on the Constellation. It is currently that length on the Millennium, Summit, and Infinity but the latter 3 ships are having the back 2/3 chopped off for new cabins during their Solstization renovations over the next 7 months. Constellation might have the same done at some point in the future too.

On the S class ships, and the M class after upcoming renovations, the track basically circles the area overlooking the pool and is much shorter.

The track is 1/5 of a mile on the Constellation. It is currently that length on the Millennium, Summit, and Infinity but the latter 3 ships are having the back 2/3 chopped off for new cabins during their Solstization renovations over the next 7 months. Constellation might have the same done at some point in the future too.

On the S class ships, and the M class after upcoming renovations, the track basically circles the area overlooking the pool and is much shorter.

THANK YOU for the great info, and the advice about "trackblocks" and chair hogs! Now my daughter can get tailored workouts from her coach. She presently rises well before the sun in order to get ready for school, so the advice about potential dawn shenanigans is well taken. I saw the lounge-chair notations on the deck plan, and how close everything appeared, and wondered about that.

BTW, according to the posted deck plans, Constellation's 1/5-mile track will remain unchanged until at least 4/11/2013, which is as far out as her plans go, currently. Since X is advertising her as already having been "Solsticized," maybe they're going to leave Deck 11 well enough alone for a good long while! Since we haven't been aboard her in 9+ years, it'll be interesting to see how much of her seems familiar.

Here are the posted dates for having the shorter (1/10 mile, I'm guessing) track, in favor of the additional cabins on the other "Solsticized" M-class ships:

Infinity:12/03/2011

Summit: 01/28/2012

Millennium: 05/12/2012

Kim

Archived