Side Trip from Monte Carlo

GailnBrad

hi, this is a question often asked. there are many good tips in past posts.

the simple answer is yes you can do both comfortable.

i would give myself half a day in monte carlo and the full day between eze and nice.

you can take the 100 bus from monte carlo to nice and then on the way back stop go via eze village (remember not eze plage).

eze is a postcard petty hill-top village you can spent 2 to 3 hours wondering around.

some people spend weeks in Nice. old nice and the chateau hill is a must....

We will be docked in Monte Carlo, Monaco for a day and a half. After seeing all we want in Monte Carlo...I'd like to take a side trip...can we go to Nice easily? Or should we go to Eze?

Do some reading on this board for all kinds of ideas where to go from MC and how to get there....lot's of idea's.

Assuming that your full day is your first day I would use that day to go to Nice and Eze Village and stay in MC on your half day. As mentioned above, you could take bus #100 to Nice, although the train would be much quicker. From Nice to Eze Village, take bus #112 and the same bus from Eze Village to MC (unless it's a Sunday, because #112 doesn't run on Sundays.)

The train runs approx. every half hour, bus #100 approx. every 20 minutes, but #112 is infrequent, so you'll want to plan your trip from Nice > Eze Village > MC based on the schedule. Here's a link to the schedule for #112.

You could do the trip in reverse order ... whatever works best with your port schedule.

Susan

Saint paul is worth a visit but it is more than 15 mins drive, i would say it is more 30 mins going futher away from Nice towards spain (other direction from Monaco).

If you go to saint paul you can skip eze.

In Nice this is a popular tour that covers all the best. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187234-d1217555-Reviews-Nice_Cycle_Tours-Nice_French_Riviera_Cote_d_Azur_Provence.html

Archived