Platinum Card (Amex) Benefit

its_my_dime

NOTE: This is NOT a commercial for or an endorsement of American Express.

Potential cruisers should note that, if you have an American Express Platinum Card (cost $395/year) and use it to pay for your booking (following all of the posted rules), Seabourn will give you a $300 PER BOOKING PER CABIN (NOT per person) credit on your shipboard account. Note that a "back-to-back" two week trip is considered a single booking.

The credit, plus the miles points for the flight and cruise cost, means that, if you qualify for and receive your Platinum card before making your Seabourn reservation, the first year cost of the card is substantially paid for.

We booked a Silversea cruise and the total benefits were $450, $150 direct credit to my account, $300 (two people but it doesn't mention per person or not) SBC.

Not as good as the $1800 savings for joining (finally) AARP for an 8 day stay at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess! Best, so far, $30 I've ever spent. :D

Bear

Cruiser Dan & anybody who uses Golden Bear Travel in Novato, CA:

My sources tell me that American Express will be closing down Golden Bear Travel very soon and distributing their accounts across the US. I am a Golden Bear client with two cruises on the books...know Don Gerimoni from his days at running Time to Travel (his father started it) since I dealt with him in the mid 90s when he had an office on Market St. in SF. Time to Travel combined with Golden Bear Travel and one other travel agency in San Diego a number of years ago. American Express than bought the conglomerate. Now it appears that they are going to kill the best travel agency on the West Coast to save money...very stupid! I will not deal with PTS (probably the agency that will take over the accounts.) I have had many problems with them. Competency is not their strong suit. PTS people do not have a clue regarding customer service...should know this week what is going on with this fiasco.

Leonid

Sadly, but true, Golden Bear Travel will be a thing of the past. My TA is crushed, as she worked for them for 17 years. I'll repost when I get more info on this "tragedy". I wonder what the Golden Bear On-board hosts are thinking?

Host Dan

Host Dan:

Left a message with Don Gerimoni asking if he is going to resurrect the old Time to Travel agency. He moved his office from SF to Novato,CA probably when the merger occured. Itis amazing what corporations will do for their all mighty bottom line.

leonid

Archived