La Seyne sur Mer - renting a car on Sunday - what to do?

w3ss

We'll be porting in "Toulon" on the RCI - LOS Sunday Sept 25, 2011. From what I have read we will actually be porting at La Seyne sur Mer.

If I rent a car at Avis. I'll have to take the RCI shuttle to Toulon and walk to to Avis or take the water taxi 8M across. I also have the option of taking the #8 bus but which stop is the closest to Avis?

Railway Station Gare SNCF-(TL3)

Place De LEurope

Toulon, 83000 , FR

(33) 04 94 89 74 92

Location Code: TL3

Avis opens at 9am so if I get the car by 930am I'll probably want to be back to return the car around 3pm. Ship leaves at 5pm.

Where should I go with such short amount of time? Aix is about 1 hour away.

We'll be porting in "Toulon" on the RCI - LOS Sunday Sept 25, 2011. From what I have read we will actually be porting at La Seyne sur Mer.

If I rent a car at Avis. I'll have to take the RCI shuttle to Toulon and walk to to Avis or take the water taxi 8M across. I also have the option of taking the #8 bus but which stop is the closest to Avis?

Railway Station Gare SNCF-(TL3)

Place De LEurope

Toulon, 83000 , FR

(33) 04 94 89 74 92

Location Code: TL3

Avis opens at 9am so if I get the car by 930am I'll probably want to be back to return the car around 3pm. Ship leaves at 5pm.

Where should I go with such short amount of time? Aix is about 1 hour away.

We took the water taxi across (a 10-15 minute walk from the ship--you can see the stop from the ship in front of a large warehouse, the schedule is free at a small tourist office kiosk next to the ship), and from the Toulon port it was a 10-15 minute walk to the train station (lots of signs directing you to the train station). We first drove to the Gardanne Sunday market a few minutes from Aix (nice and interesting, but not as large as the other Provence markets, parking is crowded) and then to Aix. That filled up the day well. Alternatively, you could stop somewhere on the coast.

Les

Archived